How Do TFs Come Into Being?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Based on everything we have seen in the Transformers Prime series, I am wondering how TFs come into being. Are they made or born?

I myself am thinking they are made. Airachnid spoke about the importance of family to humans as if family is an alien concept to Transformers. So it doesn't look like TFs have any sibling or genetic relations to eachother. However, Arcee did speak of Bumblebee as family. Whether that's literal or symbolic, it sounds like she at least has a concept of such. Now I'd like to know if she had a concept of what a family is before coming to Earth and learning about Earth humans.

Then you have Ratchet in "Metal Attraction" explaining that they are forged from metal alloys. By using the word, forged, he seems to be indicating that they are made and not born.

However, Ratchet was really annoyed when Raf asks, if they are robots, who made them? Why would he get so annoyed with such a question? Bulkhead seemed annoyed too.

If they are born, why would they have replacement parts for eachother? There are not replacement parts for us. If I lose my arm, there's no identical arm lying around in a lab that someone can attach. If a human wants a replacement organ in the future when the technology exists, he or she will have to have one grown for them using their stem cells.

Then you have the whole gender thing. If Transformers are made and not born, why would they have genders? It seems as if gender in Transformers is not a superficial surface concept. Airachnid called the Decepticons a "boy's club". And she didn't describe such to a human. She described it to Breakdown, a Decepticon. What are the differences between male and female Transformers anyways? Is it just looks and voice, or is their internal anatomy different somehow just like it is with humans? Again, if Transformers are made, why would there be a need for genders?

I'm hoping that a future episode will address this question and not skip around it. Even if, as the series does not indicate, they are sexual beings and reproduce like us, there's still a way to explain it in a child-friendly way to a child audience that won't offend parents. Just say every TF has a mommy or daddy and a baby TF develops inside a momy TF. No need to explain it beyond that. But again, it seems as if they are made, or forged, instead.

2. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    Here we go again. :popcorn 

3. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I'm asking for an intelligent and serious discussion of this subject, please, based on what the show has presented so far.

4. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I don't think the show has really presented any theories whatsoever beyond Ratchet scoffing at the notion that they're built by some other race.

5. Stormrunner

Stormrunner Cry for the Cat's Eye

There are females because Primus went looking at different worlds and created Cybertronians in different images of himself based off what he saw. Some were female.

Personally, if we go by most TF series Females are ascetically pleasing to some males, but the males out number them.

Don't think it has anything to do with making more Cybertronians - Cybertronian families exist but there is no solid explanation from Hasbro etc about it. It could be due to adoption or any number of things - like females are so rare that they can birth a spark if with a male. We have no clue.

As for Prime itself - we have seen no real attraction between any of the characters, or how they came about.

Most we have is Knock Outs wolf whistles and Jacks mom wanting to look pretty for Prime.

6. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I think one of the original 13 was female but since there was only one the gender distribution became about 1 female to every 12 males.

7. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well they are bringing Vector Sigma into the series soon which is probably the ancient artifact the show's creators discussed. Maybe Vector Sigma creates the sparks or brings them from the Allspark? Of course in later TF incarnations, Vector Sigma has just been portrayed as a vast storehouse of Cybertronian history.

8. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Yeah, but in the movie lore at least, couldn't they have used the Allspark to create as many females and males as they wanted?

9. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

that's like choosing the gender of a child months before it's born

10. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I thought they had more control over the Allspark and what it creates. I thought the original Primes could somehow dictate what it is that they wanted, like the Seekers for specific uses as well as Combiners.

11. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I think they could create a body for it to give life to but they couldn't affect whether the spark was male or female.

12. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    i think the body is assembled in a factory. then, when a mom bot and a dad bot love each other very much, they each take a portion of their spark and forge it into one and but it into the hacthing. the hatchling which they either ordered from the factory, or home made by the two "parents". then they take it two the allsparks temple give it life in the name of primus. :2c: 

13. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I don't think we've been given enough info at this point to know anything about TF reproduction in Prime. They haven't mentioned hatchlings or protoforms at all (IIRC), and isn't Vector Sigma just fan speculation at this point?

Yeah, it's not the subject matter itself, it's the trolling and stupid behavior that makes this a touchy subject. If people would approach it as a serious question and not act like children, there wouldn't be a problem.

14. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Why would a Spark be male and female however? I heard that one's soul is neither male nor female. Just the body.

15. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

I dont know much of the facts on how TFs are made, so I just always went with the idea that they were built like on an assembly line or something and the allspark gave them life. Then the sparklings would be put in a daycare/school. I dunno but thats how I always viewed it to keep things simple. :) 

Id rather not have this happen in the show. Maybe Hasbro can answer all this some other way, but not in the kids shows. And these shows are probably watched more by younger kids who probably still think babies are delivered by the stork.
    [​IMG]

16. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hatchlings?

17. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well in one of the Rugrat's movies, they showed a mother giving birth to a kid. No up and close views thank goodness that you couldn't have in a kid's movie. But they did show her pushing and the baby being brought forth. If they can show that in a Rugrat's movie, why would something even less graphic than that not be ok in a Y-7 TF show? All they would have to state is that every TF has a biological mother and father and they began life growing as a fetus in their mother's body. Why would that be such a big deal and so disturbing to children and parents?

However, I still think the show is indicating that TFs are made, but who knows.

18. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    From ROTF. The Fallen had a whole bunch of hatchlings hanging off of the ceiling of his little abode.

19. Stormrunner

Stormrunner Cry for the Cat's Eye

I personally think that the scene with Silverbolt and Blackarachnia is the most we are going to get with Cybertronian relationships.

As for a Cybertronian giving birth...I'm sorry I'd die laughing XD.

20. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. Seeing human mothers in pain giving birth is sad enough. Just imaging what Arcee or some other female TF would be going through having to push out a giant METAL baby? :eek: