How do I transform Metroplex?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xonic, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Alldarker, the difference is quite detectable if the quality is poor like on those £18 sets though i agree hard to tel otherwise. generally the plastic feels thinner and there's almost never no metal, though, I am very curious to see what comes of this purchase. What bothers me more, as with you, is the fact he calls them g1 and they're infact KOs. also, looking at his bid history is interesting, he seems to have the same few people bidding all the time which suggests to me a fake settup. However I'm not going to cause waves just yet, we'll wait and see what it's like. Incidentely, the knockoff article on TF wiki is facinating reading!

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    OK, I misread your earlier post. I thought it was an example of the one you bought not to the guy you bought it from.

The way I read his earlier post, I didn't realize that was the same seller he bought his from.

From the reviews I've seen, the quality is decent and far better than those included in the Retail Easter basket (man those were horrible!). I know with the Menasor set the main issue was the arms were a little loose fitting in combined mode. As for the text on the box, I'm making the assumption that he'll be able to ask someone to read the front of the box for him.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  3. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Motor_master, which reviews are you reading? I'm curious. I can see the feedback, b ut how do you know which knockoffs they are? as I understand it there are tons floating about. Apologies this is going off topic.

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    That's quite OK (it is your thread after all). Peaugh had done video reviews of several of these high quality KO combiner sets back last year including the stunticons and protectobots. Let me be clear that I do not have this particular version of the Aerialbots, however I was actively following the various review threads back in the day and I have purchased just the packaging for a couple of the giftsets. Every review that I recall seeing said that the quality was very good and in some cases were nearly indistinguishable from an authentic G1 figure.

The high quality KO combiner giftsets included reproductions of the original G1 packaging and in some cases are very hard to distinguish from the real thing. All of the lesser quality KO combiner sets that I have seen and bought, come in generic looking packaging and the toys are held in place with a plastic insert.

If the KO Aerialbot giftset you got comes in a reproduction of the origianl giftset packaging then the quality should be good (near G1 quality) based on what I have seen and read.

5. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    wEll, i'll let you know. it will be interesting. AS long as he doesn't turn up at my door with an axe to try and steal my original scorponok overlord ginrai prime, TFC prime and leader brawl, we'll be ok :) 

6. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Right, so, bit of an update.
    Got the KOs today. Defensor good other than one of Grooves sideguns is very loose, but can probably get a replacement on ebay. Superion realy quite bad, connectors are very loose, floppy joints, tends to lean forwards etc, one of the limbs didn't have the correct shape of rounded hole in it, so had to hack away at it with a knife for a bit and now can at least hold his fist at an angle.
    That aside though, i can't see where silverbolt or Hotspot slot into metroplex. alldarker I know you said it was U shaped holes on the ground, could you be more specific about where on the legs these are assuming the legs are unfolded? for example under the knee pad, to the side of it etc? also, which bits of silverbolts and hotspots heads go into them? is it the actual head, or a bit of their back kibble etc? is it the same for both bots or do they each go into slightly different holes?

Thanks.

Ed.

7. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I'm gonna ask the obvious question here: If he's blind, how is he posting on an Internet message board and reading replies on said message board? I'm not being a douche, I'm just really confused.

8. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Kup, please address your question directly to me, it's a little offensive not to. I posted a thread about this when I joined the forum a few months ago about how i use a program called a screen reader to read message boards and how i transformers by touch alone. It'll be there if you look for it. I promise you i'm not making this stuff up, I have neither the time or inclination to spam a forum asking how to transform a robott. If I had some other way of doing this without using pictures, I would :) 

9. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kudos to you for being able to transform these guys without even seeing them, man. That's impressive. I'm having trouble doing it with instructions in hand sometimes, haha.

10. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ugh... due to the malware warnings I just lost a whole long description on how to actually combine Metroplex with Silverbolt and Hotspot.

I guess that last time, I gave completely the wrong instructions, for which I apologize: my Metroplex, Silverbolt and Hotspot are all in storage and I don't think I've ever combined them myself. I had to check out a picture on the internet to describe it to you properly.

Link to picture of combined mode

Here it goes again... Silverbolt's actual peg is the support which comes out of the top of the cockpit for his base mode. This actually should peg into either of the two rectangular slots at either end of Metroplex's unfolded legs.

Hotspot's peg is actually on his rear end: literally. It's the two separate pegs you should feel behind his upper legs and which give him extra support in his base-mode with his legs doing the splits. These two pegs should fit together in any of the rectangular slots on the inside of the splayed out Metroplex legs, or in the rectangular slots on the fold out parts on the outside of his legs.

I hope this all makes sense: if not, perhaps someone else can check out the picture I've linked to in this post and describe it more accurately...

11. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Alldarker, perfect, thanks. I have silverbolt attached. having a tad more difficult with hotspot. Do these pegs actually fold out of his rear for base mode or are they more like bits of plastic that already stick out? perhaps i have base mode wron? is he supposed to be laying on his front, legs splayed right out to either side, arms by his sides and ladder wherever you want it?

12. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Hotspot's base mode is his robot mode doing the splits, with his torso upright and with his arms pointing forward, with the attachment arms attached to his arms and with the ladder pointing forward. This leaves you with two separate small pegs on his rear end, which should be able to plug in one of the rectangular slots on Metroplex's sides.