How do I transform Metroplex?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xonic, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey guys, so, i've just ordered a reissue superion which has brought back my love for scramble city. The problem with metroplex is, there seems to be multiple ways to transform him because all of his bits fit in various different ways.
    I have no sight so can't see the pictures, so don't really know where each bit should go. Would someone be able to post a rough description? from memory, what i have him do from robot mode is almost sit down on the ground, then splay his legs to either side and flip them around. Basically it ends up with the 2 fold out leg sections on each leg opened.
    His knee caps stay on, his missile launchers come out of his hands and attach to the caps. fists come off, head goes down, helipad opens, arm flips around and up other arm flips up. Both arms extend, now we have the 2 towers extended.
    What i believe is 6guns body slots into slits behind the helipad and then from memory, the chest of 6gun fits over 6guns head, forming a sort of comms tower behind the helipad.
    This is now where things get confusing I know the plastic little tower with a hole in the side fits on metros back on his shoulderblade, pointing up, thereis no other way of attaching this. However, I now have a double barrled gun, slammer which includes the new turret from encore able to become a part of a building, and 2 of metros shoulder mount type guns with both pegs on the sides and handles. Where, if anywhere do these all go?

Hope this has all made sense and hopefuly someone can figure out what i've done and tell me if he is at least partially right :)  FYI I've also posted on another thread trying to understand how hotspot and silverbolt lock onto metros city mode, so any help there would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone can tell me how to get to rolling fortress mode that would be much appreciated. I know the 2 large repair bay bits close up and you leave the long leg sections open, reversing the caps so that now the missilelaunchers are mounted on what is almost a truck bed. but, I don't know which way the body and arms point, which waythe comms antenna should point and which way the arms point, again, where slammer and 6gun and the double barreled gun and sepperate tower piece should go.

Thanks.

Ed.

2. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Watch video reviews. They'll show you how. I believe there's a website that archives scans of instructions too but I keep forgetting what it was.

3. hillyard

hillyard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A picture of the instructions can be found here.
    Just scroll down and click on the white tab like link above his name.

4. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    GUYS!!! He is BLIND! He cannot see the things you show him, you have to describe it! I'd help but I don't own him

5. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    That's what I was thinking! I was like, how can he not see? DUH! I'm a moron.

6. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    LOL :)  thanks guys, honestly without bigging myself up, I'm amazed I got to where I got to with this guy. You would not believe the hours of trawling through video reviews I've had to do, just to find something, anything describing how some of the bits go. The problem is, and I'm guilty of this myself when I do video reviews, you just tend to transform the bots and don't always say what you're doing. Although when I get this figured out, I will do a review of metro where I describe everything. The scans of the instructions don't work either, since they're just more pictures with very little text. You think this is bad, try leader sentinel prime with someone describing it :)  Any text instructions would be really appreciated. Bens world is fantastic for this but he doesn't have metro reviewed and cliffbee.com is useful but doesn't go into great detail.

7. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

PHYLSS MODE ACTIVATED:
    From RObot Mod to City Mode: Push down the antenna Tower on the Arm that doesn't slide back and simply remove the one from the arm that does slide back. Remove both fists from their respective sockets and set them aside. Rotate the fixed arm straight up and slide the one arm to the Back of Metroplex. You do not need to rotate the one that slides. The Platform on which the sliding arm is mounted flips outward. You're gonna want to do this. rotate the Ear Guns to a Horizontal Position and then Press the head down into the body while holding down a button located on the toy's back. Release this button when the head can no longer go into the body. You may have a strange tower, Locate the nub on the Back of Metroplex on the side with the Shoulder that doesn't slide and mount the building onto metroplex by way of the Port on the front of the piece.
    Now for the Legs. You will want to ensure Metroplex has his legs Vertical for this part. To Transform your Toy's Legs into Base Mode, Fold out the Front Panels which should Fold down from the ankles and then untab the backs of the legs and fold them out sideways. you will now want to rotate Metroplex's Torso Clock-wise, stopping just short of a full half turn. Now Bend the Hips as if you would be making Metroplex Sit and splay his legs so they are at 45 degree angles away from their "Sitting" position. To complete The Transition of Metroplex into City Mode, You will want to Locate the Door located in Metroplex's Chest. Open this door and pull it straight out until you feel some resistance. You will now want to locate the component robot Sixgun. Dismantling Sixgun, You will want to keep the Front Torso and the Main Torso of Sixgun and place the Torso Front on top of the Torso's main trunk and place the assembly in the two slots on the larger fold out panel on Metroplex's Torso.
    You have now Transformed Generation one Metroplex Into City Mode. Feel Free to place the other component Parts wherever you see fit.

8. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    I was actually wondering about your 'reissue Superion'... I don't actually think Superion was ever reissued. Do you mean you bought a knock off?

Anyhow, the transformation to city mode as you have described it is pretty much correct. Officially, the parts you have left don't have a place in city-mode although of course they can be used. I'm doing this from memory, so if anyone corrects me, you're probably better off believing them!

Sixgun's legs peg into the 'kneecaps'.
    The double-barreled gun actually pegs into the tower you already pegged onto Metroplex's shoulderblade. Slammer's tower mode should peg onto Metroplex's left arm, which is pointing upward (where his fist would be).
    The many handled guns (Sixshot's arms) peg into the Scramble City ports on each side of Metroxplex's shoulders.

As far as Hotspot and Silverbolt: on each side of the city mode, touching the ground, you should be able to find U-shaped slots. You should be able to slot the back of Hotspot's and Silverbolt's heads into these slots, once they are in base mode.

Rolling fortress mode: once again, you have the main part of the transformation correct. Metroplex's main body should face forwards, with the head down. His arms both point backwards, with the com-antenna on his right shoulder pulled out and the extra antenna on his left shoulder slotted in (as if they are forwards facing cannons). The kneecaps are removed, and in their steads Sixshot's legs are placed. The loose tower on his back is now turned around 180 degrees (so it no longer towers over his shoulders), and the double-barreled gun now sticks up out of it. Sixshot's arms are once again placed in the Scramble City ports on either side of his shoulders. Don't forget to fold out the missile box on his chest (under the helipad). And hey presto: rolling fortress mode!

Anything I left out isn't used in this mode.

9. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Alldarker and strangeguy, thanks very much for this. Seems I had it basically figured out, think in the encore version slammers turret pegs sepperately into the other arm since it now has a molding so it stands upright by use of a sepperate peg.
    Alldarker, the double barreled gun you mention, where does that go in the tower in city mode? inside it in which case, how can you see it properly?
    also, re the reissue superion, it's not a recent reissue it's a g1 reissue i think they came out in about 91, seems people ave suppliers for these.
    I think it's one like this link:
    superion g1 transformers Brand New Reissue 100% Complete | eBay

That's the guy i bought this off, he seems to have good feedback and is applying stickers for me, also he mentioned the figures would go back in the box and I know with the KOs this isn't possible as they don't have that style of packaging. Still i've heard silverbolts base mode is terrible, hotspots is meant to be miles better, but can't wait to have the city mode fully decked out with all the pieces in place on it and the 2 leaders locked in.

10. hillyard

hillyard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh sorry Xonic I didn't pay attention properly to what you wrote. I feel pretty dumb right now. Sorry I couldn't help properly.

11. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No worries hillyard, you wouldn't be the first and it is a new concept to a lot of transfans for someone who can't see to be able to use the toys. If you're interested though, I did do a Q&A thread about this a while back, i'm sure you can find it if you look. I am going to try and make my youtube review of Metroplex, when I finally do him, quite spoken so i'll describe in detail what i'm doing to transform him and where bits can go. As I say, part of the problem with good old plexy is that bits can go all over the place, that's half the fun of him.

12. alldarker

News Credits:
    OK... Well, I have to disappoint you then, because that most certainly is a knock off Superion giftset, as are all the rest of the so-called reissued Transformers he's ever sold (and is still selling) on eBay. The prices are already a dead give-away. I have no idea about their quality, BTW, but they are not official.

I'll be honest: I don't know if a blind person should feel any differently about the originality of something he can't see anyhow, especially if the quality is up to scratch. However, I detest sellers that try to sell this stuff on eBay or anywhere as 'G1 reissues', without mentioning the fact that these are unofficially released knock offs. In my opinion, this seller should be reported and banned, and I personally feel he's abusing your trust by selling you these.

Moving on, back to Metroplex: The inside of the hollow tower should have a hole in it, into which the peg of the double-barreled gun should fit.

13. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh. I did worry it was a knockoff i must admit, i have seen ones up there for £70 odd, but have also seen ones for £20. I assumed the ones for £20 were the knockoffs though as they do actually say that. I guess I'll speak to him and see what he says. Yeah i figured the double barreled gun went inside that tower, but how can you see it if it's there? it's poiting vertically up inside the building then isn't it?

14. alldarker

News Credits:
    Original G1 combiner Giftsets, especially MISB, easily run into the hundreds of pounds, if not into the thousands of pounds.

This is a real, opened 'mintish' (not actually mint, according to the description) in box unapplied G1 Superion giftset: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380472049532, for $495.00 (or a best offer). And go figure, Superion is actually the cheapest original G1 giftset available.

About the tower; the double-barreled gun isn't actually visible in city mode: it just sits inside the tower. You only see it in the rolling fortress mode I described earlier, when the tower is turned down and you can have the double-barreled gun sticking up out of it.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Luckily Metroplex is a really simple figure and from the sounds of it you've got almost everything sorted anyway. :) 
    I usually take the tower gun out and peg it back inside turned around so it's stored away and doesn't stick out the bottom. I also take the shoulder antenna that comes out completely and stick it in the screw hole in Metroplex's waist when he's in city mode. Although since that screw hole is normally at the back when he's in robot mode, you're kinda sticking it in his ass when turned around in city mode. :p 

A nice bit of storage in robot mode for the Six-Gun tower torso parts is inside the hollows of Metro's lower legs. You'll have to jiggle them about for the best fit so the legs can be closed up properly but it does mean that all Metro's major parts can stash away when he's in robot mode. And Scamper will just about fit in Metro's chest in car mode holding both the tiny guns if you mount them just right. I can't for the life of me remember where I stash Slammer inside Metro though, but I know I can because, well, he's stored away like that at the moment. Maybe he also goes away inside the lower leg hollows.
    Those are just my choices, but they might be useful for not losing stuff.

16. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Chris, this is exactly what I do with metro, but i can't seem to get 6guns and slammers bits in the leg hollos along with slammer, are you able to work out how you did this? one thing i do do, on the strip that you tug back to launch scamper, that has a hole in it. Slammers turret can sit on there almost on metros shoulder, at a slight angle in robot mode.
    now I have to see if the KO i accidentely bought even attaches to him properly :0

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I don't have the figures to hand at the moment but everything does stash away. Obviously you have to separate the two parts of Six-Gun's torso or he won't fit. Without the thing in front of me I'm afraid all I have is my hazy memory to go off of as it's probably been over a year since I've had Metro out. It's so much a case of jiggling things around until it all fits.

I usually leave Slammer's turret attached to his tracks in city mode as an extra little tower. Either that or peg it to the underside of one of the knee pads with one of the rifles on the top side of the peg. They can just about share the same hole from either side (ooer). It does mean you can also peg Slammer's turret to Metro's knee in robot mode.

18. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah that's why i like the encore one, because they have a peg at the end of the turret so you can mount it vertically as a tower.

19. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    If the "reissue" superion set you ordered is like the one in the link you provided, then yes it is a knock off. However the quality of the figures is almost as good as the originals, if memory serves. The easiest way to know whether it's a knock off or not is FireFlight's name on the box will say Fire Light instead.

Hopefully it's as you said and it's some old stock from '91.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  20. alldarker

News Credits:
    As I posted before, the seller he bought his Superion giftset from deals specifically in G1 knock-offs (without mentioning that fact). Secondly, it's going to be very hard for a blind person to tell the difference between an original G1 set and a knock-off, based on a spelling mistake, or any of the other differences between the real thing and a knock-off.

At least it's good to hear the quality won't be a major let-down.