How do I report fraudulent auctions?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Junkacon, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Junkacon

Junkacon Scrap Metal

I want to start reporting these transformer scams on eBay I am seeing, but when I try to report it i'm brought to a form in which I must fill in info as though I had paid for it when I haven't.

Is there some way to report an auction that you haven't purchased, but can clearly see that it's in violation of eBay policies... simply put; a scam?

thanks.

2. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've done it a few times when sellers "build the reserve price intoshipping". I just clicked report item and filled in maybe 4 or 5 fields.

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
  4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    ebay could give two shits about fraud transformers auctions...those are not going to get them sued like fraud tiffany auctions or designer handbag auctions will

5. Junkacon

Junkacon Scrap Metal

My intention is not to have auctions pulled, per se, but rather properly detailed. Specifically, i'm talking about knock offs labelled (and priced) as vintage. Since the sentiments of the responses in this thread seem to indicate dissuasion from taking these actions to help, I guess I won't bother and just let people worry about themselves.

6. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    go ahead and report away...ebay just does not care...they care about making $$$$...not policing their auctions for KO's and fraudulent listings..that is why major companies have sued the shit out of ebay several times in the last few years.

7. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

It's a nice sentiment, but like others have said, eBay does not care (or simply does not have the man power to look into every reported auction). Other eBay users cannot even warn someone that is bidding on a fraudulent auction. That's due to the anonymous bidder aspect.

As it stands now, eBay is not a safe place for the uninformed Transformer buyer.

8. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since ebay is including the shipping in the final value fee now, reporting these makes no sense other than wasting your time.

9. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wrong...you can circumvent that with international shipping. A chinese seller can have 60 dollar shipping on a legends figure but be charged the rate of the lowest shipping in the USA.....99 cents

10. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was not aware they charged fees for shipping now too. That just doesn't seem right.

11. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

You aren't the only one that thinks this. The announcement did not go over well on the eBay forums. Almost all the sellers are upset over this change.