How do I remove this capped pin joint from MT Striker Manus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by calubin175, Jan 1, 2018.

1. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

The pin joint from the bottom wheel of the legs. Is there a tool to pull out this pin? There is a bit of room around the middle of the hubcap of the tyre.

It is just too tight to rotate forward. Even rotating backwards and forth is too hard.

My other foot was tight too but not as tight and I managed to loosen it up.
    DSC00401.JPG

2. robh

robh Decepticon

Those pins are best pulled by using a fine-point solder iron to heat up the pin and then pull the part off. Once the part is off, you can then pop the pin out from the backside with a small hammer. Once the part cools, everything will tighten back up so you can drive it back in. Sometimes you will need the solder iron to heat it back up so you don’t damage the parts.

You gotta be super careful with the solder iron around the plastic for obvious reasons. The pin can also get too hot as well so there is a bit of an art to it. I’d practice on crappier figures first until you get the hang of it. Warning that the pin will stay hot for a while, so be carful when you touch it or when you pop it out. Don’t want it landing on another piece of plastic, carpet, etc.

Also Radicons Customs

• Like Like x 1
  3. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
  4. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

Both my manus and noir were SUPER tight, i man handled the shit out of them the first few times. Maybe try to just warm up the whole joint a little to reduce friction for the first time moving it. Ive found the plastic they use kind of stickes in the position it is in when packaged.