Customs: How do I remove the Head of Movie Leader Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ThinkTank Customs, Apr 19, 2009.

1. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Hello again,

I really want to attach another Head on Movie Leader Prime, but I couldn' figure our how I pop of the Frakin mounted Head!

I couldn't breaak the chest too, i unscrewd all scews, but nothign happend!

Any suggestions?

2. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its a real tough one, not worth the effort if you ask me.

In order to take his head off you must disassemble the chest. On the back section (molded out of that grey plastic right behind the drivers cab where the arms fold up behind for the truck mode) theres two screws, unscrew them and then you should be able to split the back section open like the front of MP prime because they are attached to the hinges which make up the smokestacks. You'll hear an aweful "snap" when you do it, but dont worry it shouldnt be broken. When you do this a tiny spring will fly out, thats the spring for the little trap door which covers the head in alt mode. Then inside there you'll find a shitload of wires, a speaker and a very delicate circuit board. Once you get all that crap out the way theres a piece of plastic which covered the spring loaded cog mechanism which makes the head pop up, unscrew that then take the cog unit out and you'll see where the head is attached, beware of the huge spring! After that its easy...ish.

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    it you won't be using that head, do what I did (the easy way) take some pliers and crunch it off. I smashed mine and broke it apart with some pliers, then I removed whatever was left.

4. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.

Or do what i did and cut it off with a cutting disc bit on your dremel.