Customs: How do I remove a Painted emblem on an Animated figure?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by simplygriff, Oct 21, 2008.

1. simplygriff

simplygriff µ - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    So silly me didn't pay close enough attention to the paint app on my new Animated Lugnut figure. One of the emblems on his wing is smeared and I didn't notice til I had opened him up. I'll pay better attention next time. :D  So in the interim, what do I need to use to remove the paint without damaging the plastic? Will simple alcohol do the trick? Any tips? Thanks in advance!
    -G

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

If you've access to it, then yeah, alcohol and a little elbow grease should clear it off just fine. Try using a cotton bud to accurately apply it, to make sure you don't take off anything you don't want removing.

3. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Emblems come right off with Turpentine substitute or White Spirit without having to worry about the paint coming off.
    Also, you misposted. Maybe a moderator can move it to discussion.

4. simplygriff

simplygriff µ - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Cool. I'll give one of those a shot. Thanks guys!!

Sorry about the misplaced post. The radicon forum isn't exactly easy to navigate. And I'm a message board whore...
    -G

5. Rhinox555

Uh, it's damn easy. You click the "Radicons" tab on top of the tfw2005 page, and when the menu drops down, click an option.
    Back-on-topic: By using White Spirit (or turpentine substitute) you remove tampographs (such as emblems), and not the paint.
    I learned this the hard way when prepping my Movie Barricade for repainting, apparently the "police" letters on the side were tampoed.

6. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Seriously, why do you feel a need to point out everyone's mistakes ???

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

It is getting kinda old...

8. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

What the above people said are all good ideas. Of course, there's also the option of just covering it up with a label (reprolabels.com even has cartoon-style Animated bot and con labels)

This is what I do, as I'm clumbsy D:

9. Rhinox555

I was just mentioning it, why do you feel a need to find a reason to react to me every single time? If you would actually bother reading my post instead of immediately pointing out that i pointed something out, you'd find out i was just asking a mod to move the thread appropriately, and in the second post explaining something he said to find difficult, (by,for example,overlooking the tabs at the top of the page.)
    It's no different from telling someone their shoe's untied anyway.
    You would also have noted that my post remained on topic, and answered the question regardless of it's incorrect location.

10. Rhinox555

Oh, good idea. White spirit doesn't always do the trick and alcohol can be hazardous to some plastics. (one guy melted his entire classics bee,haaarsh)
    Stickers/labels are risk-free. Underwear-ninja you win a cookie. well, okay i don't have cookies but i'll try to spare you once i blow up the earth instead.

11. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:

Because you rarely have anything good to say,
    Every post I have seen by you nit-picks something. You are quick to comment & point out what the mods should/or should not do.
    If you knew anything about the Radicons you would know that a poster can change the area that there topic is on their own.
    We have 3 Mods in the Radicons. Redline, Plowking & Superquad7 & I know, you know them.
    We don't need "Jr Mod wannabes" on the boards anywhere.
    Comment on the work if you want, but stop with your BS nit-picking.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Guys, everyone chill.

Let's keep in mind how Radicons roll. Being kind to others is always our preferred way. If one has a problem with a post or a thread, simply use the report bad post feature or pm a Radicon mod. There's no need to derail a thread.

Done. Let's let the mods moderate though. :wink: 

Everyone makes mistakes man. If you need help with where to post a thread, simply refer back to the Radicons Main Page and go back over the descriptions for each section.

I am still at a loss as to why persons feel Radicons is hard to navigate. I say this from an unbiased perspective, as one who simply comes to a place to post first. Despite being a staff member, I'm still a Radicon member (i.e., I may make posts with some action taken, but I still do so from a perspective of one who contributes and interacts with people). The subject of interactivity of this board is for another place though. :wink:  Let's get back on topic.

13. Rhinox555

Thanks sq, now the thread has been/can be re-railed.
    Simplygriff, let us know which option you went with once you fix your lugnut. (Fix your lugnut? heh, sounds dirty.)