How do I know if a G1 toy isn't original?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snake Eater, Aug 27, 2009.

1. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

hey man, hope you got a real g1 shockwave coz there's also a ko out there with the same quality as that devastator and some sellers might pass it as g1. hope you get your money back for that devs.

2. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

This.

If the seller sold you a KO Devastator, I'll bet the Shockwave is too.
    Post up the auction or any pics you have!

If I were you, I'd go ahead and file a case with ebay to get all of your money back from this seller. Save any correspondance you've had with the seller, tell them you know you've been sold a KO and give them 2 days to reply, then file for a complete refund.

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    There is.

In one of the seller's auctions go to "Report Item" on the right. Then select the following Counterfeit and copyright violations -> Potential trademark infringement -> Other replica or counterfeit items. Press 'Continue'. List up to 10 eBay auction numbers and give a brief statement about these items being KOs. Press 'Send Report'.

Given that the seller has just listed a Prime and another identical Shockwave, I'd say the OP's Shockwave is also bootleg. Sorry dude, you got scammed twice.

EDIT: Also, Snake Eater, don't waste your time getting a refund through the seller. If he's willing to lie several times through auctions and email about authenticity what reason is there to believe he's going to willing give you your money when you return the figures. Go the Paypal dispute route. File the dispute as having received counterfeits and they'll have you ship the items to Paypal, not the seller, and give you a full refund including your original shipping cost.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
  5. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Active Member

Ebay:
    well good news. the dude refunded my $$ 4 shockwave and said if I return devastator he will refund my money as it's already shipped out. I am positive the guy know's he is selling KO transformers but hey at least I got my $180 back for shockwave. Now I just gotta get it back for devastator.

6. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

good to hear that youre getting your $$$ back.

7. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Hmm, I didn't know u also bought the shockwave from him. Although the pictures are gone, I clearly remember it was a KO from the 2nd picture, the hip is a deadly give away.

Glad you got your $$ back.

8. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    :thumb 

9. Thonor

Thonor Autosmot

News Credits:
    Don't ship Devastator back to him. Someone told me ebay has a new policy about knock-off items.

Instead of returning the item, you send it to ebay, who authenticates it and destroys it if it's a fake and gives you your money back.

Don't let this scammer rip off someone else.

10. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Active Member

Ebay:
    Well he agreed to refund my money for the devastator also. I am not sending it back to him till I get my refund. This guy is a total Deuschbag for lying to me. I have been collecting transformers for a long time and should have spotted it but I was to excited as i knew it would be going cheap. Man oh well you live and you learn. As for sending the toy back I will return it to him if he refunds my money but I plan on reporting him to ebay thats for sure.