Minor/Repaint: How do I keep the leg on?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by KRZTFR, Jul 18, 2011.

1. KRZTFR

KRZTFR Well-Known Member

I tried to put Safeguards legs on Nightstick while adding articulation with a ball joint, but the legs wont stay attached to the balljoint socket with mighty putty and I dont think superglue is strong enough. So I'm asking the Radicons for help please.

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      322.3 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      314.4 KB
      Views:
  2. jc0778

jc0778 Well-Known Member

use the pegs from safe gaurd on knightstick as well may take some bashing but im sure it would work

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You can't keep together a part that needs to moved with just Mighty Putty. You need to find a ball joint socket that you can connect to the leg without worrying about the integrity.

4. KRZTFR

KRZTFR Well-Known Member

I have the balljoint covered in the mighty putty I'm trying to figure out to keep it attached to the leg

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Try drilling a very small hole in both ends. Then take a thin plastic rod (styrene/Gundam sprue, end of TF missile, etc.) and glue it into the hole of each end of the leg you want to glue together.

Oh, and use epoxy for this. Mighty putty works well for cosmetic cracks and low pressure adhesion, but for this you'll need a stronger bond.

Let us know how it turns out.

6. Satomiblood

Hmm...why is the ball joint itself covered in the stuff?

7. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    Mighty putty isn't really designed to hold pieces together like that. In this instance superglue would actually probably work better. However I would try using Liquid Fusion, or a strong epoxy (not a 5 minute one).
    [​IMG]

8. Satomiblood

I don't own a Safeguard, but in taking apart the legs, I would've modified them from where they were originally pinned.

From the looks of it, the legs broke during the modding process and you're trying to keep together with Mighty Putty or superglue, which won't work.

Can you provide a pic of the other Safeguard leg?

9. KRZTFR

KRZTFR Well-Known Member

Well I cut off the exsisting hole for the pin and tried attaching the socket part of the balljoint to the leg using the mighty putty as an adhesive which turned out too weak to be used

10. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm Thundercracker fanatic

take pliers (needlenose are best for this technique and if you dont feel secure using regular pliers) and gently squeese safeguards ball joint sockets so they now will have applied pressure when inserted onto the ball-joint, if that doesnt work i have a few other techniques i can PM you ^_^