Customs: How do I fix the black shoulder tabs on Classics Grimlock so they fit into the slots?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by netkid, Jan 19, 2007.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I just found one tonight at Target.
    I transformed him and noticed that the black shoulder tabs (that are located at the sides of his head) do not fit into the 4 grey slots on the grey shoulder/arm hinges. Is there any way I can swap parts around so the black shoulder connector parts will fit into the grey hinged joint slots?
    How do I fix the black shoulder connection tabs on Classics Grimlock so they fit into the 4 slots on the 2 grey hinged joints?

Does anyone have a solution to this factory f$&%-up? Help me out!

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No matter what you do, they will never line up properly. You can switch the black tabs around at the pin to make them fit a little better, but those tabs will never go in those slots no matter what.

I take that back - on mine at least, I spun the whole black assembly around 180 degrees, and they fit, but then there's a big black panel in front of his face that can't be moved.

3. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

About the only solution is to rip it apart and see if there's a way to dremmel out enough plastic in front of the assembly to push it forward until the tabs lock down. Someday I'll have time to rip mine apart and see what I can do with it. Something tells me the measurements got reversed when that top plate was put together. Which sucks, because apart from his whole upper plate moving every time you try to move his head or arms, he's a pretty decent Transformer.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Has anyone taken out the shoulder pins yet and swithced the arms?

Were they pretty easy to get out , or are they those hardcore pins?

5. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

I think some one posted somthing about that about a month ago.

6. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

the hardcore ones. i have a special tool to knock those pins out, and i had to give up after an hour.

7. C16

C16 Space Nomad

They will never fit, the tabs and the slots are shaped differently. I took the entire thing apart and tried to put the tabs in by hand, and the slot forced it back out.Your best bet is to just strenghthen his shoulders and all the other floppy areas some other way.

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Yeah, they are the hardcore pins. I gave up after about 15 minutes on one pin when it didn't budge.

9. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I did it, I used a very small pin punch and a hammer, they didn't want to move at first but once they gave they slid right out.

10. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    why in the world would you screw with the arms pins? thier part of the lower arm, once you get the upper arm taken apart you just move the lower part into the new section. I'm assuming this is if your doing the mod to move the screwholes to the back. cause I never had to touch the pins.

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I tried it without removing the pins and there were some parts that wouldn't interchange. Seemed like I'd have to remove the part that arm attaches to ( held on by pins ) and swap that to the other side as well. Iirc, someone did that to a grimlock and the tabs lined up after that.

12. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I did that and they most certainly didn't line up.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It was someone else, and I think he removed the pins from those tabs and swapped them as well. It was then, that they lined up. I can't remember who it was, but he posted pics.

14. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I know who and what you're talking about, and he did switch those tabs around, but they still didn't line up they way they seem to be designed to. I considered doing the same, but I realized that would make it even worse. Perhaps he had some mold variation on his that permitted it, but I can guarantee you that there's no way it would work on the one I have.

When you flip those black tabs around, they would be so far back on the shoulder that one would line up with the back slot, and the other would be behind the shoulder. That may make it more stable, but I didn't feel it was worth the effort to bother.

15. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Yeah, the tabs would line up, but they still don't fit in the slots.

Give up this futile quest and figure out another way how to fix Grimlock. I did.