how do i? (DS LITE)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by peeman, Oct 5, 2006.

1. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do i transfer my wifi settings from my old ds to my ds lite

thanks

2. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

First insert any game that uses WFC into your OLD DS Start the game and go into wifi settings. (this varies from game to game. I recomend animal crossing since it's right there on the start screen (Under "Other things")

Choose Options. The bottom option says "Transfer Nintendo WFC Configuration" Choose that option. You'll get a warning screen, so choose yes.
    Put it down and leave it on in this state.

Now on your NEW DS (DS lite) Go into the main menu and choose the download and play option (to the right of pictochat) It should now automaticly find your old DS trying to send wifi data. (you may see other options too if you're near a download station) Choose the DS's wifi data to download. When your old DS sees the new one it'll ask you to begin transfering.

Choose to begin transfer on both DS's and wait. DO NOT turn either off. When both are complete it's okay to turn them off.

Congrats you're done. You've now put all your friend codes and wifi info onto your Lite. Your old DS also will delete its own settings so that there are no duplicates of your friend codes floating around so it's okay to trade it in if you want. No one will be able to impersonate you.