Customs: how do i build a g1 accurate fansproject bruticus?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Mar 19, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i happen to have both energon bruitucus maximus and his rotf/classics reissue set

i also have the two fansproject cross-fire 02 add on swindle/munitioner and explorer/blastoff sets to enhance either bruticus maximus set with

i also have a set of g1 replacement heads for onslaught, brawl and vortex courtesy of soundwave3k

lastly i have the reprolabels decal sets for the 3 energon/rotf/classics combaticons and their two fansproject add on figures

this is my question on the matter

using the combaticon character model art from the dreamwave transformers g1 8 issue miniseries as a basis for each figures new colorscheme

the repalcement heads
    energon barricade
    certain replacement parts from the duplicate helibot and tankbot limbs
    and the reprolabels decal sets

would it be possible to give vortex onslaught, brawl, swindle and bruticus a colorscheme modeled more closely after their character model art from the 8 issue g1dreamwave transformers universe series?

with only the bare minimal of repaint work required if i resort to parts swapping to help complete each figures new colorscheme ?

say for example by salvaging all the purple and gray colored torso body parts from energon blackout and swapping them with those same parts from rotf/classics vortex to give vortex back some of that purple color he is missing through the torso area

basicly i want to give each of the 5 combaticons/six if you count bruticus/ as accurate a dreamwave g1 colorscheme as possible with only the bare minimal of repaint work required if at all possible

right now i got all the parts and stuff i need for the project but i am still working through the whole idea in my head

lets just say that i am looking for some helpful positive constructive criticism on the matter

right now i am just trying to thoroughly brainstorm the whole matter over

this being my first major custom project i really do not want to leave anything to chance

when i do a projecti like to do so in a slow methodical manner i like to toil away and tinker at every minor detail of the project idea wise untili am certain that everything about the idea which the project in question revolves around is in proper working order

i happen to have a real knack for stuff like that

to be honest though this is the first timie i have attempted a transformers project

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    goodluck with the project bro... love to see it!
    I'm afraid I'm not of any use... I do minor planning and try solve problem as they come :D 

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

what can i say?
    its a gift i have for being able to take something apart in real life in real time and being able to put it back together in my head in a 3 dimensional manner while find a way to some how improve on its original design and function all while planning ahead in a thorough 3 dimensional manner while doing all of this in my head

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

so far i have managed to give vortex energon blackouts purple colored parts through vortex's entire helicoptor underbelly area

and i have also finished modding the add on parts for vortex's lower legs which form bruticus's lower left arm

what i di is that i went and completely dremiled off thos e hollowed out square pieces on the sides of the bruticus lower arm add on parts which the thumb on ach bruticus hand orginally slid into when the hands and lower left arm exstension parts are set up in their quintuple barrole laser gun form

i have also salvaged a extra O- socket joint inner shoulder part from one of my junker energon storm jet figures so that the O-ring socket part is set up half on half off bruticus's left foot in the back right corner so that when the feet parts are combined together for roller mode the O-ring socket joint is set up in a center position towards the back of the roller unit so that the backpack missile canons can plug into the O-ring using its plug stud as a connector point for the cannons

the two part transforming shotguns are plugged into each side of the back pack misile cannons with the quintuple laser cannons being plugged into place on the shot guns as well to create a heavily armored roller drone unit

question

which would be the better colorscheme for omnicon skyblast/starscream?
    all silver like the orignal g1 bruticus chestplate was toy color wise?

or should i paint skyblast/starscream up in blast off colors to give my fansproject enhanced bruticus a all animation accurate g1 colorscheme?

and one more question

would junkion blacksmith nemesis prime make for a better bruticus head for my fansproject bruticus?

JB-01 - Headmaster - Justice Leader - Junkion Blacksmith

the decepticon prime head master figure that is painted up like rid scourge is the one i am talking about

would he make for as good headmaster bruticus head figure?