Customs: How do i build a Diorama?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ThinkTank Customs, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Hello Radicons (Damn, sounds cool...;) ),

i want to build an Diorama for me Movie-Toys, to get very cool looking phots of it.

i should finally look like this:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...VD+Capture+_40_.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...VD+Capture+_41_.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

but didn#t find a manual to do something like this.

are anybody here who knows where i find it?

i want to build 2 skyscrapers (max first 10 floors)
    1 lower building (kiosk with cellphonebox)
    1 junktion
    pavement

how i could do that=

i think my idea is great, but i'm stupid to work out things like that :( 

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I have built a couple dioramas in the past and my best advice is that you go to a local model shop or library and get one of the books there for some pointers. Just look up diorama's and you should find some stuff. The best type of books you'd want to look at are the model railroading ones beasue they are ALL about creating realistic scenes. They have a lot of creative ways to make pavement, trees, and what-not in those. That might seem kind of vague, but you won't know exactly what you want unitl you start doing some research. As far as materials, don't think of only plastic. I once had a class in school in architectural modelmaking where we used nothing but paper products (primarily mat board, it's thin, strong and comes in a bunch of colors) and they looked perfect after you draw and add in details. It might seem a little to much like "arts & crafts" at first but you have to build up detail with layers. Alot like how Jin does his painting. Hope that helps.

Randy!

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    :google  <--Click me and surf away! :wink: 

4. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    hmmmm...a diorama? sounds good!
    lol I´m going to make a final battle blackout diorama.....Yeah i think it is makeable....