How Do Autobots Store Energon?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MECHADOOM, Oct 5, 2012.

1. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I'm not sure that we've ever seen stored energon in the Autobot's base, or if there has been discussion about this before.

Do they store it in cube form, like the Decepticons? Can Blaster create empty cubes, like Soundwave? Or would their shape be determined by the shape of the window on Blaster's cassette door?

If I recall, in the War For Cybertron video game, there was a production factory, but I can't remember if it was faction specific.

What does everyone think?

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They store it off camera in the void.

Fictionally they probably store it in cubes.

3. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

they go were Prime's trailer goes

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They subsist on a diet of solar energy and burning justice.

5. Chaplain

Chaplain Well-Known Member

They slowly drain the life force of the Humans that they surround themselves with and convert it to energy, like a leech.

6. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    In the refrigerator. Nice on a salad.

Really though, this is one of those 'in your imagination' parts of the fiction (like how you never see a toilet on Star Trek). Perhaps we need to explore how they deliver it into their bodies to better imagine what form it might be in while being stored... in the refrigerator.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It seemed in MTMTE that Hound had never seen an energon cube before ( 'They're gonna put the energy in some kinda cube' ) so originally I guess no energon cubes in the Ark or even used by Autobots, unless Hound is someone that's just uninformed to how energy gets carried about. Maybe later they did, but I don't think it was ever shown them adopting the technology. Perhaps they store all their energy in the Ark's power storage cell systems and draw it off as they need it through a power outlet or something. So the Ark itself would be their 'energon cube'. Humanity was delivering fuel in tanker trucks to the Autobots at the end of MTMTE so maybe there's a converter in the Ark that changes oil to energon before storing.

By the 1986 movie though the Autobots are definitely using energon cubes ( 'We don't have enough energon cubes to power a full scale assault' ). I suppose I'd have to go back through all the season one and two episodes to see if the Autobots make any first mention of them using energon cubes before that confirmation in the 1986 movie. But honestly I'm too lazy to do that. Were energon cubes mentioned in War Dawn at all considering energon docks play a big part in that?

ADDITIONAL: Actually, just checked War Dawn and the scene where Megatron attacks the energy warehouse does have what appears to be a load of energon cubes stacked up (although never specifically described as such, but as 'energy' or 'fuel' instead), so they're not a new technology. Since Orion Pax was there Optimus should know exactly what energon cubes are and likely how they're created since Prime remembers being Orion. However, earlier in the episode those energon cubes looked to be just metal boxes stacked up, so them later being all glowey might've just been an animation error. That said, when the Aerialbots are setting 'energy packs' to blow up the warehouse the glowy cubes are seen again in the background and also have the energon cube hum too.

So, at the end of all my waffling, at least it would appear Autobots should know about energon cubes, even though Hound doesn't appear to. But with the severe energy shortages from the long Cybertronian war maybe nobody had actually seen an energon cube for centuries so Hound might never have encountered the concept of such a thing until that day on Earth.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

The Autobots just took it after running the Decepticons off. They never seemed to get away with a whole lot, if any.

And obviously, those Autobots left on Cybertron simply stole them from Shockwave.

9. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    inside internal fuel cells. which im sure has some sort of name, much like the T-Cog is a special "organ".

they can storage it in something comparable to a tictac or pez dispenser ive seen. or simple as an energon cube.

in the beast era energon crystals had to be refined into cubes, or after the big burn had "stablised" into cubes. and was not actually seen in non-crystal or cube form during this series.

in Energon, the Energon was first seen being storaged as ore then refined into Energon Stars by means of Omnicon or Terrorcon. Super Energon had a liquid form. Also a huge cashe of Energon became a sun during this series. and Energon radiation created Energon rich planets.

In prime it seems to be stored as a liquid, though can be ingested as a crystal too.

so in short. it depends on how its processed, and how its being used.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    In all honesty it's probably kept in a vault or maybe some internal battery chamber, rather than lying around in piles of cubes or crystals. The Autobots usually find more sustainable or cooperative ways (in relation to humanity) to get the power they need, so transport isn't really an issue. Comparatively, the Decepticons are wrecking areas all around the world and raiding facilities for energy, then converting it to energon cubes so it can be transported more easily to wherever their base happens to be at that time.

11. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

They had that world energy chip in there base they didn't need energon on earth.

Had those recharge bays.

12. ISleepNow

ISleepNow Detrimental Robot

In a circulatory system similar to our own

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    In their trunks.

14. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Because of subjects like this I am convinced that G1 season 1 and 2 are two separate continuities. Think about it...

In s1 the Constructicons are built on Earth
    In s2 they are on Cybertron punking Omega Supreme 4 million years in the past

In s1 the Dinobots are given life on Earth
    In s2 only Vector Sigma can create life

In War Dawn the whole planet is using cubes
    In MTMTE pt.1 Hound doesn't know what an Energon cube is.

15. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

^this or I think they keep it in their stomach like food.