How did your black friday go?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sangron, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I bought everything online on Thanksgiving at Black Friday prices. Spent approximately $4 in shipping. I got everything I wanted and more.

2. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I go just for the crazy experiences, honestly. I went to Target, K-Mart and Wal-Mart without any problems. Target was by far the best prepared of the three. Everything was organized and everyone was moved pretty efficiently out of the store. Since Wal-Mart split their general sales and electronics up this year, I didn't have any issues there either. K-Mart was, no surprise, a bit of chaos. Since I went by myself (fiance had to be at work in the am), I didn't have any issues getting around.

I got everything that my fiance wanted to get and stopped by Gamestop to buy Splatterhouse for the PS3 after! :) 

3. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

If you want to drive up to St. Cloud I can loan you my .38 special revolver.

My Black Friday involved me getting up at 6 AM and playing on my PS3 till 10:30, then off to work.

I'm not crazy enough to go shopping today, unless it's online.

4. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I love how the Canadian stores are having Black Friday sales, I got Band Hero for $100. Woohoo!!

5. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I'm stranded with a shitty rental, in the middle of the woods in NH, in an ice. It sucked, but I did give my aircard a workout by f5'ing the shit out of some forums. :/

6. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Bought the stuff I wanted from TRU last night.

Went to work at nine.

Came home at 4, and ordered stuff I wanted from Wal-Mart.

Same prices, only $8 in shipping.

7. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I had to work all day. So far, I've only stopped in one store and didn't get anything. Plan on going out again later tonight and tomorrow morning.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't get out shopping until ~11AM, since I had to stop by work first. There wasn't any specific Black Friday deal I was looking for, just felt like going out and wandering around, see if anything caught my attention. The TFs were fairly picked over by the time I got out, although I'm hoping that means enough of the old stuff has been cleared out that I'll start to see some newer figures soon.

What I did buy:
    - PCC Stakeout/Protectobots, $10 from Target
    - Watchmen Director's Cut on Blu-Ray, $8 from Target
    - Simpsons Season 10, $13 from Target
    - Various Christmas decorations and groceries that I intended to buy anyway

There are a few items I'd like to pick up from BBTS during their sale, although I need to check and see how my finances are doing after my various shopping trips. Might go out and look around tomorrow morning, too.

9. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I went to madness that was Walmart and got a Laptop for $198, a big ass Nerf gun for $15, a Wii controller for $20, some Star Wars figures and various uninteresting household items.

10. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta say, it went well. I woke up at 9, left the house by 9:45, and still managed a decent haul for myself. TRU was utterly packed (which actually worked in my favor, as it allowed me to get a Terradive @ Walmart), Kmart was packed (which surprised me, tbh), and Walmart and Meijer were fine (Meijer wasn't any different from any other day).

11. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Great! JC Penney Oxford dress shirts for $9.99 each with free shipping from jcp.com. Ordered them last night and didn't have to get up this morning. There was nothing else I wanted to needed.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Couldn't find anything that is on my current wish list.

13. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    It was glorious. I waited for the only item to go on sale at walmart.com that I wanted (Red Dead Redemption for $29). I ordered it and went to sleep. :D 

14. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Replaced our 25 year old washer+dryer set with a brand new Samsung energy efficient set with pedestals for a great bargain. Less than 2K!
    Should get it soon! :D 

15. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I went At midnight. Walmart around the movies was like watching Piranha eating a piece of meat. One min there are a stack of movies and games next a empty broken carbored standie....... I did get a old childhood fav movie and a gift for my cousin and my little girl cousin.

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I got exactly what we were looking for and nothing more!

...Okay, I picked up the Command & Conquer: The First Decade compilation. Twelve military strategy games should get me through the cold, dark Minnesota winter!

17. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

i did not go i just stayed home nothing really on sale for me too leave home

18. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Worked all day (Walmart). It went by fairly quickly. Had to load a few Trampolines out to peoples cars.

I work sporting goods and just before I was getting ready to go I had two 14ish year old boys in waiting for their father to purchase bullets. I stand in my counter area while they hang out near the bullets with the hunting stuff. I have my back turned and ask people if they need any help. Then i hear an odd noise coming from behind me. It is a dear call.. one of the kids opened it and was messing with it. It is the kind you blow into like a horn. I look at him with what had to be a "You've got to be f***ing kidding me" look. He sees me and goes "Uh is it ok if we do this?" Again my expression was of the "Are you really this much of an idiot?" look. I reply "Are you going to buy it?" So he puts it back. Seriously what kind of idiot takes an item out of the package and puts their mouth on it and thinks that is ok? I swear most kids are morons these days.

19. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    My family went out and got a tree. Didn't get much else.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I wasn't initially planning on going shopping today, but I ended up going after my family went to see "Unstoppable" (great film BTW). This was late in the afternoon, so the crowds weren't too bad. I ended up picking up a sweater/earmuff combo for my sister, which is great considering she's rediculously hard to buy for.