How did you feel when Sam betrayed humanity?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, May 14, 2012.

1. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Apathetic.

2. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Ok, even if it was worded in a specific way it still felt like ultimately Optimus left Sam in the dark for the sake for the plan to work.

For example in Star Wars the Jedi made Obi-wan fake his death but left Anakin in the dark as it was his response that sold the lie.

3. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

It was supposed to be Sam trying to tip them off. It even seemed to be reflected as immediately after he emphazied "human" there's a quick of Optimus's face where he does a kind of "just as I thought" look, before telling him there is no plan.

The comic and novel had a quick scene where Optimus tells Sam he understood when Sam worded it that way that something was wrong, and that's why they kept him in the dark. But of course, Bay didn't care about details.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This thread gave me cancer.

He was trying to warn Optimus. That's why he said "No other HUMAN will ever know." (he even placed the emphisis himself. I can't believe you didn't hear that) He was trying to clue Optimus in that the Decepticons were listening. He really didn't have a choice. His entire nervous system was being attacked. He was going to die if he said anything outright, hence the hidden message.

Shizuka, you're fired.

Of course he did. Optimus explained he needed to keep the plan secret in case, well, the Decepticons had a way of getting information from the humans.

Why does this thread exist?

5. guncannon109

guncannon109 Just passing through

Don't Transformers have Energon detectors? If so, Optimus noticed the bug.

6. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not on them, though I assume they'd have some setup around the launch site. However the watch was small, and specifically designed to infiltrate. I'm sure it was undetectable.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I suppose the only way around this to completely make Sam blameless for asking Optimus and technically betraying him would've been to have the bug/watch itself ask the question using Sam's body. Like one of Bombshell's mind-controlling Cerebro Shells. Then Sam has no choice in the matter.

Then... Cerebro-controlled dance sequence! Do the Robot!

For what it was I got that Sam seemed to be trying to hint to Optimus that he was being monitored, but I think my utter dislike of Sam as a character also made me consider him a dick to not just wave his arm and go 'I'm bugged!' and sacrifice himself, and by extension Carly, for the greater good.

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They said that even if he tried to signal the bug would kill him. He'd be a corpse before his hand left his side.

9. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't feel anything. I learned not to think about the story when watching these films, it only cheapens the experience.