How did Universe 2.0 distribution work?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cagey, Aug 24, 2011.

1. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

Are the Transformers Sub-Categories here listed in mostly chronological order?

Transformers Universe Classics 2.0 Toys - Transformers - TFW2005

Just wondering... I am recently back into all lines and haven't paid very close attention. I'm wondering how I never saw Universe 2.0 (e.g. Wheelie, Cosmos, Laserbeak/Ratbat, etc.) on shelves, but only see them today in online auctions. And then you see so many cool pop-ups like Acid Storm and the red Blades - Blades is the only one I remember seeing at TRU.

I can only suppose that the movies (2007, 2009, 2011) had all these gap-fillers, any quick insight on what happened in '08 and '10?

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    universe 2.0 actually wasn't that hard to come by, not as hard as generations was.

the main thing that was hard to find of universe 2.0 was the legend minibots, voyager inferno, and the last wave of deluxes containing ratchet and hot shot

3. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

that happened exactly here in Chile with Universe 2.0 :p 
    (sadly we never got any other classics after ROTF)

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Many TRUs had a TON of voyager Infernos for $10 each. I know it wasn't just my local TRU as well.

The Legends and the last wave of deluxes? Yeah, those were a bit difficult to find.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    that wasn't until months after the wave initially came out. when it was first released it was hard to come by, but shortly before ROTF came out a whole bunch of them came out of nowhere at TRUs

that's why i have a replacement inferno, you know, to replace the one hasbro stole ><

yay for TRU

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Many things are hard to come by when they're first released. That case wasn't a situation like TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshall's - the case assortment was active when TRU stocked those.

Hasbro stole your Inferno? Maybe buy better locks? :lol 

8. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

He may have sent it in over a defect or missing piece and they returned some crap movie shelfwarmer. Only one Toys R Us in this area got Inferno at all and I saw Hotshot/Ratchet at exactly one KMart. Lots of Sticky-Paint-Fun Prowls and Cybertron-Leftover Blaster everywhere through.

9. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Here, everything was easy to find except for the Legends.

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'd say that everything was relatively easy to find with the exception of the legends, Inferno, Ratchet, and (to a lesser extent) Hot Shot. I ordered my Inferno from HTS in the fall of 2008 to avoid the hassle of finding one in-store. I never actually saw one in-store until a year after its release, where it was on sale for $12 at my local TRU. I was fortunate enough to have local hunters secure me with Ratchet and Hot Shot, respectively. But compared to RTS/Generations, finding new 2.0 releases was a relative breeze.

11. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I ended up getting almost all Universe 2.0 deluxes for $7 on sale at TRU. Got the $10 Inferno at Walmart. Saw Ratchet/Hotshot a few times (passed as I already had Henkei Ratchet and don't care for the Hotshot mold), and got all the Legends figs. Ontario had amazing distribution for Universe 2.0.

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) The resource page is listed in Alphabetical order.

2) Universe 2.0 was a mix of repaint and new figures. We call the new figures Classics 2.0 but not the repaints. The only new voyager mold was inferno.

3) The figures that were relatively hard to find were:
    - The end-of-line legends Cosmos, Warpath & Hot Rod
    - The end-of-line delxues Ratchet & Hot Shot
    - Voyager Inferno, Vector Prime and Ultra Bruticus were originally hard to find but months down the line TRU got a bunch of them and a lot of times on sale also.

4) The early waves were pretty easy to find. Walmart actually dropped the prices down to $7 to get rid of it's peg-ful of acid storms and octanes.

5) The SE Dragstrip, Overkill, Megatron & Optimus were originally HTS.com exclusive for $16. A lot of people put off buying them and panicked when they disappeared from the HTS website and they shot up to $50 on ebay. Then they were found for $10 at Marshalls and the price plummeted again. This is why we can't have nice things.

6) "Roadbuster vs Dirge", "Springer vs Ratbat" and a lot of the Cybertron repainted legends were Target exclusive that showed up around Thanksgiving. Target clearances things out pretty quickly after Christmas.

7) This was all about a year and a half ago in 2009.

13. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info; there is a ton of brainpower in here!

14. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I missed a lot of the Universe 2.0 line, I never saw Ratchet, Ironhide, Hound or Cyclonus in stores. I had to resort to ebay to get a few items. I also never saw the Legends class figures. I was pretty busy at the time with the birth of my little guy, so TF hunting wasn't a priority for me. Of course, now I'm paying after-market prices to get the guys I want but missed then. You snooze you lose . . .

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I had no problem finding any Universe '08 figure, except for the Legends which weren't stocked by stores around me.

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    found all of them at retail, most multiple times including ratchet and inferno, the last wave of minibot legends though, i got them off the boards

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I never saw the Legends.

I did see and have Ratchet and Hot Shot.