How did they miss THAT...?!?!?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Draven, Dec 8, 2009.

1. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I like how owning 3 of the mold and being capable of transforming them properly means I have no life.

And for record, here's my count for how many times I've transformed each of them: From car to robot straight out of the package. From robot to car packing them for when I was moving a couple months ago. From car back to robot again once I moved.

So... congrats on that life you have. Sounds awesome.

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ice Cream Twins- the damn hood latch/and the spring loaded head. Even my niece had trouble latching the hood on hers.
    after a while,I just gave up, bought a second ICT, now i have bot and alt mode on display.

Armada Unicron- it may not be a "Design Flaw" to you, but i think that for the price i paid for him, it should be designed so that it can be displayed in alt mode without the need to pay $15-$20 for a T-shaped stand. or it should have had a stand included.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    well technically he can be displayed in alt mode with out a stand, but it doesn't look right, i think its more they took took the easy way out then a design flaw

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the transformation after the legs are modded gains a step that could be confusing for kids due to the way the legs have to be rotated. thats why I think they were changed.
    Yeah. Even if you know how to pull the latch up, it can still be dumb. it should have been set to pop the head up when the front grill was pushed in.

5. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    same problem i have with mine... i hurts my fingers to latch that hood and still doesn't fit properly. :( 

6. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    This is what I'm saying: why would they knowingly include that step, which is awkward and unprecedented, and then say to themselves "well this is too confusing for kids...but maybe if we switch the waist piece around, this step will work more naturally!" That's faulty causality. How would they know that switching a piece on the figure would make it work more smoothly? And MORE importantly, why wasn't it engineered to work smoothly right off the bat? It's not like they don't have tons of experience making TFs with a waist spin as part of the transformation.

The gray prototype is the only thing that suggests this was a misassembly and prototypes have been misleading before.

7. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Originally Posted by Tenebrouser
    Or maybe I have a life and don't spend all day fiddling with TF's either. I think I've transformed it three times, tops.

hahhahah this is funny i think tene... needs to do more transforming and less posting...ahahhah over 4k posts and has a life (and cant transform him) .........ahhahah this is funny to me :) 

not knocking anyone with alot of posts...just don't see how being able to transform something means not having a life :) 

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    There is no facepalm big enough for this statement. None at all.

9. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

animated lockdown. he is one of my favorites, but he's really quite badly put together.

mine had one ludicrously overtight shoulder, clipping his 'thighs' in scratched the bit of bumper in his leg despite being at full extension, he has silly floppy camp hands because you can't fold them all the way out, one of the popout guns doesn't work half the time, his joints are all loose... the list goes on. :|

he's only been transformed once because i'm a bit worried i'd break him, which is a real shame becasue he's so cool.

10. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

also i only transform my transformers, like, twice making me 33.333r% cooler than you nerds.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Classic Grimlock's shoulders. I mean, I have no problem with them being loose, but you can clearly see his collar piece was supposed to lock the shoulder pieces down. All the connection points are there...they just don't line up.

Universe Hotshot, not just because of his crappy mini-con, or the fact that his back kibble problem would have easily been solved if they put the spoiler pieces on the fenders instead of the shoulders (making him more accurate to his original design anyway) but because for some reason, he got shafted in not getting his guns. Why is this exactly?

RotF Prime, not his swords mind you, I can see why they were done like they were. The real problem is the shoulder pads. If these things could have been moved out of the way, even slightly, he would have absolutely no arm problems. An extra ball joint or sliding piece would have given the blades a lot more clearance from the shoulder pads.

Any Voyager figure without a ball joint neck. Whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!?!

That thing on RotF Jolt's neck, they could've just made it slimmer and further back or something so simple so it could keep the accuracy but not hinder articulation.

TF'07 Swindle. Cutting just the tiniest notch by his neck allows him to have sooooooooooo much better head articulation. Why didn't Hasbro do this themselves.

13. Veloxiraptor

News Credits:
    Whenever a figure loses a feature or accessory in the final release, it's almost always because they didn't have the budget for it. I think Hasbro actually mentioned this the first time they revealed the Hot Shot figure at last year's Botcon.

The reason why Takara could afford the guns is because 1) they charge a lot more for the toy and 2) their production runs are much smaller.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    What really rubs it in is the other versions of this character have some kind of heel spur to help him stand so it's not like no-one could see there might be a problem with standing a figure with wheel feet. Heck, Chromia had an actual clip-on piece to stand her.

BayFormers 07 Wreckage is a cool figure but his chest-gazing kinda sucks. As does his chest not clipping into place somewhere.

Any figure where there's articulation but then kibble gets in the way and utterly negates having those joints. I'm not counting any figure where they could've easily had joints but didn't (TFA Legends Optimus would've loved some knee joints) as it's not so much a design flaw as a design omission.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    That was hardly necessary, was it.
    Probably a good thing you aren't really; he's been here about 4 years as opposed to your just over 2, and has just under double your posts. That means you actually post more than he does.

ANYWAYS.

Re HA Bumblebee's leg issues:
    It's not a very difficult step that gets added, really. I'll take some pics later tonight to illustrate it for those who can't get the hang of it from Peaugh's video. It adds a matter of seconds to the transformation and makes a world of difference to the look of the figure.

16. Veloxiraptor

News Credits:
    I don't think you need to do that; I never said it was a difficult step, I'm just saying it's awkward and unintuitive enough that you can tell it's not something the engineers intended.

17. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Well, off the top of my head...

ROTF Breakaway/Thrust: Just... why do so many figures have ball-jointed heads, and then designs that completely lock the head in place? Why?

ROTF Blazemaster: Pretty much everything on this figure.

ROTF Rampage: Why no elbows? Seriously!? A simple hinge where the big gear is would have made a huge difference!

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the same transformation step used on Alternators Meister/Shockblast.

Admittedly, it takes more finesse on HA BB because his rear windshield doesn't hinge out of the way.

19. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gots a question:
    why would Hasbro make a mediocre figure whose complete salvation lies in his accessories, and then eliminate the coolest and best of those accessories?
    I'm talking about Stratosphere and his "shuttle" gun.

20. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ya, im constantly hitting the refresh button at work, and posting...makes time go by faster :)