How did the Wreckers get those Alternate mode

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Minh'T, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    It is kinda weird because i don't think there are any kind of NASCAR with galting gun and Missles attached to them for the Wreckers to scan or that's their Steath Force mode?

2. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Scaned the race cars...then when to their shop and added the guns and the pipes and all the other stuff.:) 

3. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

They simply scanned the cars at some point as their alt mode, then deployed their weapons for "stealth mode."

Some would argue that the weapons are add ons, but I do not hold to this view, as all of the Autobots are capable of deploying weaponry while in vehicular form.

4. Minh'T

Facebook:
    good point

5. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

They scanned the normal version of the cars, and then maybe the humans at the space center put the weapons on them, or they did it themselves.

Actually the weapons are add-ons. Reason is because if the weapons were part of their Stealth Force, there would be parts on them that would look "transformed out" with the weapons attached to those parts. But the cars don't look like they are half-transformed. They look fully transformed with weapons attached on, and not weapons that come from the inside.

6. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    They were watching NASCAR online and were like oh... those are nice...

7. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    I don't think the Browning M1919 LightMachineGun on Leadfoot that Brains and Wheelie tripped on are a part of Stealth Force.

8. Minh'T

Facebook:
    U should know that some robot like Starscream and Blackout they have the Earth weapons after they scan the Earth mode .And an second though i think the Wreckar's car are not in Steath force

9. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Yep, it's like if you attached machine guns to Bumblebee's vehicle mode. It still wouldn't count as Stealth Force, because he isn't transforming in any way to reveal the weapons.

10. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That would be cool though.:) 

11. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reverse engineering

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Actually, they are partly transformed. Leadfoot clearly has his hood broken up and overlapping. Not to mention Roadbuster's headlights that are back where a cars side mirrors would be ( if NASCAR cars had side mirrors ). The car modes are very clearly not still intact with stuff moved all over the place.

13. r6680jc

r6680jc Well-Known Member

This!

14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're just heavily modified cars. Probably scanned a regular Nascar and they added stuff to it.

15. Sarvantes1

Sarvantes1 Well-Known Member

I have a number of points to bring up, not all relevant to the topic but relevant to the wreckers.
    Im a long time nascar and transformers fan first off. When filming first got started in Chicago the sprint cup series was racing at Chicagoland speedway and bay and crew were there filming what were supposed to be tie in scenes for the movie. This was where my speculation first began that my life dream(for tf toys mind you) was about to come true and NASCAR tf's were about to become a reality.
    Fast forward to this past June and the release of tf3 and low and behold, no NASCAR wreckers race scene. Take into account also the concept art displaying topspin at Daytona(evidenced by the high banks in background and matching "tona" painted on wall in background) and it's plain to me that we were at some point supposed to see the wreckers in a NASCAR race. I believe this scene would have been made to look like Daytona since it would be one of the closest tracks to cape canaveral and would have gone a long way towards explaining the purpose behind their alt modes.
    Further more and lastly I believe this scene was scrapped due to NASCAR's heavy emphasis on brand recognition. For those not familiar with NASCAR stock cars, the wreckers are based on a car with a wing that was starting to be phased out while filming was still going on. By the release of tf3 these cars were absolutely obsolete and considering Ferrari's heavy licensing demands theres no doubt that NASCAR's heavy corporate hand may have had something to do with keeping this scene from showing up.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  16. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Why would the Autobots use human weapons? They wouldn't, as they are mostly ineffective. The wreckers are seen with additional weapons because that is their role, they are a strike team for the Autobots, much the same as the dreads were for the cons.

Some of the bots have weapons that appear to be human ( Blackout is one, with a 30mm minigun type cannon) but I believe this is due to them scanning weapons on certain vehicles; their weapons could simply take that form.

Also, if the wreckers decided to change alt modes, they certainly couldn't drive in cities with those weapons and boosters deployed for everyone to see. The only logical conclusion is that they are in stealth mode.

This would allow them the ability to attack targets, and maintain a higher level of protection than if they were in their robot form.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  17. Minh'T

Facebook:
    Their weapons take that form? that's ridiculious so u mean Starscream already has the missle launcher on Cybertron? NO when he scan the Jet he also have it's weapons too he just don't wanna use his old weapons. And about the Wreckar they weren't in Steath force mode they are in vehicle mode. Remember the scene when the Autobots are driving to the Xantium their car is still the same. And even if that is steath force mode that doesn't have anything looked like the steath force mode of Bee and Sideswipe

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really. Only time that was true was the first movie. People are even complaining that they're too effective against the robots.

And I'm pretty sure having a normal stealthy alt mode is a non-factor if they're staying at the xantium all the time. Not sure if a Nascar would be able to disguise well in a city anyway.

19. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    it be alll explain in the up coming trilogy or the 4th movie

20. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Of course starscream had a misslelauncher on cybertron, this is how he shot down the ark!