How did the war last so long?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, May 17, 2012.

1. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Wars have been fought for eons by people too you know... But not because the people were invincible, but because there were, uh, a lot of people to replace the people that were killed and so on.

2. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Well they could be low on energon making them weaker in battle. Also its the protoforms that get killed easily not the bots and cons with alt modes but the protoforms with barely any armor...

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    And that is why I want a Transformers series that embraces Space Opera as its primary genre.

4. jametron

News Credits:
    Damn that was actually going to be my second point, but I forgot! But really that makes complete sense considering a major plot point of the entire TF mythos (let alone these movies) is that they are starving for energy.

On a side note, kinda makes you wonder how the starring cast (both bots and cons) kept going and going!

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Optimus never channeled the inner muderous behemoth within.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    It was basically a realization he came to in DotM.

As the Autobots were fishing themselves out of the Atlantic Ocean, a miraculous light shone down from the heavens as the voice of Primus bellowed his name.

Primus: "OPTIMUS PRIME, YOU ARE ONE CRAZY MOTHERF**KER. YOU REALIZE YOU CAN JUST KILL THEM ALL, RIGHT? SINGLE-HANDIDLY. WHY HAS THE WAR LASTED SO LONG? YOU NEED TO SAVE EARTH. GET ON IT. USE THE POWER WITHIN YOU."
    Optimus: "The Force?"
    Primus: "NO, DUMB-@$$. THE POWER OF "KILL-EVERYTHING". YOUR ANCESTORS HAD IT AND YOU HAVE IT TOO. GO NOW...USE THIS POWER...TO SAVE THE HUMANS AND EARTH... KILL ALL THE DECEPTICONS, OPTIMUS. IT IS YOUR DESTINY."
    Optimus: "We will kill them all."

7. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why does Primus sound like Samuel L. Jackson in my head? :lol 

8. jametron

News Credits:
    :lol 

9. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Trench warfare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Linked above^ Human example of how a war can go on with seemingly no end in sight. I'm sure the battle lines were drawn over Cybertron and it took a while to break the stalemate; most likely with ejecting the allspark or Megatron going awol.

10. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    I can already hear the touch.

11. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

decepticons 's anstiors start this war with autobots 's anstiors

12. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I'm not sure if this would apply to the movieverse, but in the IDW comics they recently addressed this (which I'm glad because I always wanted an answer to this as well).

I think it's in issue 24# of the ongoing just previous to the split into the two new titles MtMtE and RID. Megatron and OPtimus are reminiscing on how long they'd been at each other's throat and in that conversation, it's mentioned how each side would spend centuries calculating battle plans, gathering offensives, soldiers, weapons, strategems, etc only to finally go at each other and wipe each other out in a few days, only to turn around and begin to build an army all over again. And this is for strategic points across the galaxy, not just key points on Cybertron. So they're not always in "active" war, spending a lot of time in the building/planning stages. Like chess.

Which makes sense because these are beings with a lifepan of hundreds and thousands of years. Combined with the fact that they can think with the cold and pinpoint calculation of the most powerful computers in the universe as the norm, and it's easy to see how long the war could last so long.