How did the series end?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bluebe6, May 16, 2012.

1. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    This is actually a question about G1, but I have no idea if there's a G1 forum.
    At my age, I haven't really kept up with G1, I gave up on watching it on YouTube when they killed everyone off, I've seen episodes that have Galvatron in it and all of that stuff.

I've been searching around on the internet, and can't find the last episode of G1, where Galavatron dies, where the whole Generation series end, I can't find the last episode of anything. So can someone explain to me what happens?

2. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

The Rebirth. Three part episode that constituted all of Season Four.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Galvatron doesn't die. This can go in General TF discussion.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
  5. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There is no finite end to G1. The Decepticons are still alive and still planning their conquest. They just stopped making new episodes.

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It depends if you are talking about the Japanese G1 continuity or the real G1 continuity ( :D  )

The real G1 cartoon ended with 'The Rebirth,' a 5-part mini series that got shortened to 3 parts and introduced the 1987 toyline.

7. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

mods move this plz

8. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

The short and sweet version (if you're North American):

The Rebirth, Pts. 1-3 is both the 4th season and the last episode. Trimmed down from a five-parter, The Transformers was effectively cancelled after this. Be forewarned, dear viewer: there are SPOILERS!
    • Galvatron (against better judgement) activates the key to the Plasma Energy Chamber with a 5-minute timer, knowing it will siphon energy from the Sun, effectively killing both the Earth and every Autobot on Cybertron.
    • Upon arriving on Cybertron (after Galvatron moves it to Earth orbit -- again!), the Nebulans decide to go destroy the Chamber, even though Vector Sigma (through Alpha Trion) told Optimus Prime not to.
    • The Autobot 'Masters and Prime are trapped by the Decepticons while chasing down the Nebulans.
    • Galvatron and all of the Decepticons escape (barely) on Scorponok, though they were forestalled by a massive assault by Fortress Maximus (and Cerebros).
    • Spike frees Arcee and Daniel and the other Autobots but learn they (and to Prime's relief, the Nebulans) are too late. The Chamber activates and a raw tendril of energy strikes Scorponok just after take off, overcharging its engines and sending it Primus-knows-where. (Let's just say Scorponok must have been built by Team Rocket! :lol )
    • Spike realizes that since the machine is siphoning energy from the sun, he and the Nebulans (once out of their metal exo-suits) can rewire it to transmit its energies into the Sun. Doing so restores the Sun's vitality, saving the Earth. The remaining power also rejuvenates Cybertron, revives all of the fallen Autobots and brings about a new Golden Age.
    • In spite of his pleas to be deactivated, Spike allows Cerebros to see the end result of his actions.
    • The 6 Headmasters (Fort Max/Cerebros and Arcee included) are allowed to stay on Nebulos, mainly to get rid of the last of the Hive's subjugating machines. (I don't remember if the Targetmasters stayed also or not.)
    • Galvatron swore to return to known space, get revenge, and rule the Universe (alone, in spite of the fact that Lord Zarak also had the same goal -- with or without Galvatron!)
    • <Credits, with the really cool 3rd season end theme.>
    Another point: If you're watching the series without seeing the movie between Seasons 2 & 3, you're hurting yourself. If you can't buy one of the DVDs (or VHS, my preference), download a version off of YouTube. (The Hub is also running it this month. Maybe they will run it again.)
    -- Cybertronian.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If you want to get fancy, the overall story sort of continues into the Japanese Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, and Zone shows, and then in the North American Beast Wars series.

10. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
  11. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

They never made a proper ending for Generation One. I think it had something to do with their season four contract being cut from five episodes down to three.

The Rebirth three parter is the end and somewhat concludes the story but the Decepticons remain at large at the end with Galvatron still in command. Beast Wars is in the same continuity as G1 and even has Starscreams ghost in one episode. Beast Machines is the sequel series to Beast wars and it bring the entire continuity to an end.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't.

The Japanese series are a separate continuity starring different characters, imo. And they live in a universe that operates by different rules. The sensibilities of the Japanese writers were just too different from the Sunbow writers, and they neither understood nor cared about the mythology established up to that point.

13. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    inb4 move

14. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

As said before, The Rebirth is the end of G1, the Japanese dismissed Rebirth and made four sequels to G1, the last of which only lasted one episode. (In my honest opinion it should have ended with The Return of Optimus Prime part 2, even though I like both The Rebirth and The Headmasters)

But if you want to see what happened to Galvatron

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  15. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is true. I discount Rebirth, and just go straight to Headmasters. Rebirth is beyond rubbish, anyway.

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Well, Beast Machines I guess.

And wtf how did they get to the arctic at 7:00? Head.. hurts..

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Rebirth is a million times better than Headmasters. For one thing, it features actual Transformers characters with actual personalities. Headmasters stars a bunch of lifeless, generic, interchangeable cardboard cutouts who just happen to look like Transformers characters. The Japanese writers just didn't get it. They messed it up the same way they messed up the Beast shows.

18. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

Judging by the Japanese Chromedome avatar you have, I always thought you liked Headmasters. But I fully agree about Rebirth over Headmasters. Yeah Sixshot may have been to just sell toys in Rebirth, but Brainstorm and maybe even Zarak had better personalities in The Rebirth.

One reason I don't really care for The Headmasters is that they made Daniel more terrible than ever. In one episode he said he hopes to one day make Mars as green as the Earth. ... HA! I really wanted to throw up at that subtitle.

And yes I despise the Japanese dub of Beast Wars and Beast Machines greatly.

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like it for what it is. I like all of the "Japanese Trilogy". I just don't consider them a true continuation of the original G1 cartoon continuity. The writing sensibilities are just too different.

Similar to the way I would never in a million years consider Robotech: The Sentinels to be a continuation of the original Japanese 'Super Dimensional Fortress Macross' series. Too different.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    G1 didn't eally end, it just sort of stopped. Like instead of finishing the race it got distracted and then fell asleep on a park bench.