How did the book end? I heard it was different than the movie...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bottom Out, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

I heard that the books ending was better than the movies. Anyone who read the book care to share how it ended?

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    In the book Megatron calls for a truce between Optimus, saying that he is tired of fighting, and wishes to call his army off to return home and begin to rebuild, promising a message to Optimus when they all may return and live in peace.

3. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    ^That ending sounds far more superior than the actual movie ending. I felt the ending was rushed, like ROTF

4. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, but then Psycho-Optimus still rips his head off?

5. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no in the book megatron keeps his head and his life

6. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

wow, that seems crazy that they didnt go with it for the movie

7. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

I'm sorry, but surrendering would have been a very un-Megatron thing to do. Rushed or not, the ending in the movie makes way more sense for a character like Megatron. Just my 2 cents.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I do prefer the ending for the novelization/comic, it really wouldn't have worked as well in the film and I completely understand why they went with the ending they did.

There was build up to Megatron's decision for peace, his own thoughts really showed that, him growing tired, losing faith in the cause, so when it was coming to a close him calling for a truce to just end the fighting and rebuild his home made sense.

In the film..it just couldn't be done right, and honestly I can't really blame Optimus for finishing off Megatron as he did, just all the atrocities committed, the betrayal, everything that went down. And I really doubt Prime could trust Megatron.

Plus Bay wanted this to be the end of it, and letting Megatron go always opens up the option of a sequel.

9. emilyhall205

emilyhall205 Well-Known Member

Whilst the ending for the novel sounds quite ideal I suppose, in the end, the war had been going on for years, and Optimus just wanted an end to it. Although I don't see why this couldn't have been done in a more peaceful way...

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    The novel's ending only makes sense because it gives some internal narration regarding Megatron's thought process. Considering how little he appeared in the film itself, it wouldn't have worked for the movie.