How did Project Omega Work?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheGreatMrChibi, Jul 22, 2009.

1. TheGreatMrChibi

TheGreatMrChibi The tighter shirt.

Hey guys!

Okay, I'm a big fan of Transformers: Animated, but something's been bugging me for a while: How did the Autobots win the Great War? The show dictates that they had three distinct advantages over the Decepticons:

• Space Bridge technology
    • The All Spark
    • Project Omega (Omega Supreme)

However, excepting the rapid-transport capabilities of the former and the presumed offensive capabilities of the latter, their actual roles aren't that fleshed out. But then, I think I'm misremembering things. So, I was wondering if you guys could help me out here. Basically, what I'm asking is two-fold: What did the All-Spark do for the Autobots during the Great War, and how exactly did Omega Supreme defeat the Decepticons?

2. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    He was essentially a 'bigger gun'. The 'exact' details of how he won battles and then the war for them was never said, tho. Same with the Allspark, but then we already pretty much know it gives life and by denying the 'cons access to it the 'cons were unable to replace fallen members of their army.

--Moony

3. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

The Space Bridges presumably allowed them to move their troops quickly and easily. Logically one would assume that they were either built before Transwarp technology was miniaturised to the point it could be installed onto a vessel (or Omega Supreme); or that they are simply vastly more energy efficient.

The All Spark was kept out of the Decepticons hands, so I think it was more of a case that the Decepticons were unable to use it. So, probably not quite an actual advantage. Perhaps it had been used for a while to resurrect people or to heal them. Maybe the risks were too great in the end for it to be continued to use. Either way, it is stated that it was essential to keep it out of the hands of the 'Cons to win the war.

As for Project Omega, he is a mobile weapon of destruction on a massive scale. Not exactly a weapon of mass destruction as we would consider it. Omega Supreme is however extremely heavily armed and armoured, as well as carefully designed not too question his actions too much. The goal was to have the benefits of a living weapon, without the drawbacks that it could bring.

These are of course my perceptions and opinions on these matters. To get the canonical truth you'd need to ask Marty Isenberg or the other creative staff behind the show. I feel these are at least reasonable and plausible explanations to them though.

4. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Omega DIDN'T defeat the Decepticons. I think, from what was gathered from the show, he just managed to both push them back and hit them hard enough that the Autobots could sweep in and clear up the rest of his leftovers. When he woke up with Ratchet and Sari's help at the end of Season 2, one of his first lines is something along the lines of "Decepticons all around me! I don't think I'm gonna make it!"

Coupled with his having to be shut down and repaired bit by bit as a shuttle, I think it's safe to assume the Decepticons did swarm him, overpower him, and defeat him, but not before he did enough damage to ensure strong enough Autobot victory to win the war.

5. TheGreatMrChibi

TheGreatMrChibi The tighter shirt.

I just gave a quick look over that episode- and yeah, he does say that, but it isn't a panicked sound. Its more like its an internal thought that was called up when he was first brought back online. Ratchet says two things later that shade that line: first, "He's been offline for two million stellar-cycles. There's things he won't remember." and then later, attacked by the Decepticons: "If you'd seen as many bots deactivated as he has, you'd have a grim outlook on life too."

But that is an interesting notion- that he didn't destroy most of the Decepticons-- he just crippled the lot of them.

Rewatching that episode also gave me another theory-- Ratchet knew to put the Allspark fragments into Omega's spark chamber in order to power him up-- along with Sari's key, of course. Maybe the AllSpark *was* his powersource, to begin with-- the AllSpark was shot off into space to keep Omega from ever being used again; like pulling the detonator out of the bomb.

After all, as we've seen him in the show, he's very, very strong, but never capable of destroying entire fleets. Maybe with the complete AllSpark, though, he could...

6. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Presumptions, fan explanations; Fun stuff, but fact is we were never given the details. That's what fanfics, media-loving over-analyzation & general fan consensuses are for. ;)