How did optimus Primal go to season 1 beast mode in BM?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by bhayes1, Jul 19, 2009.

1. bhayes1

bhayes1 Member

there was an explanation at bwtf.com but i can't remember what it was. it really isn't that important but i personally am a nit picker so could an expert help me out.

2. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A virus developed by Megatron was used to paralyze all Transformers on Cybertron. However, it had a different effect on Transmetals, instead making them their original forms and rendering them unable to transform.

3. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

The show itself explanes it really. but yeah that ^.

4. bhayes1

bhayes1 Member

no. i mean people have been saying that primals season 1 beast form was destroyed so he should have been in transmetal 2 not his gorilla mode.

and that its really the fault of the writers behind the show but somebody said something about the DNA of his first beast mode was apart of his spark or somethingi and that even though he should have evolved to transmetal 2 he went to his gorilla mode. but i just want to know what the official explanation was.

5. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, that's a really good point. I don't know what the 'official' explanation is, but I would assume that it could have something to do with the spark. Also, since Primal's Transmetal form is a gorilla, it would have gorilla DNA, so it would make sense that he would be a gorilla after the virus affects him. It might be the form of a different gorilla that just looks like the one Primal originally transformed into.

6. Vampyr

Vampyr Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    i think SAF7 is in the right way

They scanned beast at first, i think we can consider the beast modes scanning info is in their memory, that's why optimus, even when reborn into another protoform was formated as a the same gorilla, but affected by the quantum surge, so as a transmetal.
    the virus probably cancel the transmetalisation

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I gave what I felt was a fairly decent explanation in a similar thread to this a short while back. Can't find that thread but I'll attempt to recount what I thought was the reason behind it.
    It's a lot to explain but is actually really simple when boiled down.

Firstly Primal's gorilla DNA data must be stored in the Axalon's computers. The ship's security system has DNA scanners, as evidenced by when Dinobot's clone gets in and his DNA is scanned by the ship and identified as Dinobot. Secondly, the CR chambers most likely have the DNA data stored for effective repairing of an injured Transformer that has organic components.
    And third, we know stasis pods have DNA scanners built into them.
    So, with those three points set aside we come to how Optimus Primal became a Transmetal (although he technically isn't as such because he wasn't converted by the transwarp wave which changed Rattrap, Cheetor, Megatron, etc, unless you wanna count in that the wave knocked a load of pods out of orbit and it was affected somehow at that point).
    Rhinox had a blank protoform in a stasis pod which he used to put Primal's recovered spark into. Since he was in the ship and there wasn't much to scan DNAwise in there apart from himself, he decided to use the stored gorilla DNA data from either the security systems or the CR chamber. If he's going to bring Primal back and also give him a beast mode (it's unlikely Rhinox knew Primal would return in a Transmetal body so a beast mode would be required to protect him from any outside energon radiation) he may as well give him the same beast mode he had before dying. Probably helps make Primal feel comfortable after having died and then been brought back to life to find himself with a similar beast mode.
    So he exposes the stasis pod scanners to the gorilla DNA data and then starts his search for Primal's Spark in the Matrix/Allspark.
    Primal returns, the protoform is infused with gorilla DNA data and Primal's spark and he has a beast mode that's converted to a Transmetal state. But it still contains the same basic gorila DNA which survives even when he takes in Optimus Prime's spark and becomes Optimal Optimus.
    When he gets de-evolved back on Cybertron by Megatron's virus (which seems to remove all Transmetal status), he still has that basic gorilla DNA in him and thus is reverted back to his original gorilla body.
    And remember, it was apparently The Oracle's plan for the Maximals (Primal in particular it turns out) to bring back DNA to Cybertron to bring about the Great Reformatting at the end of the series. The Maximals didn't know it at the time but The Beast Wars were all about the collection of DNA to bring back to Cybertron.

So that's my take on why it happened. :) 

8. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I remember your first post explaining this and this one is much better, good job man! :thumbs2: 

I'd just like to add, I think the transmetal form Primal took when he returned was inherant to the "blank" body Rinox used to recapture Primals spark. It was on Earth when the trans-warp explosion happened and must have been exposed to the same effects as the other transmetals.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Ah, right. I couldn't remember if the blank protoform had been up, down or what when the transwarp wave hit. Still, as long as it was subject to that explosion in some way then it's all good.

10. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I guess technically it was the transwarp explosion that brought the remaining pods down, but I always got the felling it's what "wiped" the protoform's programing too. Given that it was effected in at one way by the explosion, it's not a strech to think also got a transmetal upgrade at the same time.