How Did It Affect You?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by spiritprime, Jul 3, 2011.

1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Odd question, but I am curious. How did Ironhide's death affect you?

I'm probably one of the few who cried over him. I didn't cry during the movie, but I managed to keep a straight face until I got home. For the last few days, I've been having nightmares, endless stomach pains, trouble sleeping, not eating, and often breaking down into tears whenever I can.

Now these days, I'm almost too afraid to sleep.

I keep playing his final scene over and over again in my head. All I can think about is his dissolving body, his read rolling, and the music that was playing in the background: "In Time You'll See."

Obviously I've never been so heartbroken in my entire life. Sure I cried over Vector Prime's and Armada Starscream's death, but it was nothing compared to how much I was in shock over Movie Ironhide's brutal death. I keep hearing his cries of agony, his pleas ("Wha... what have you done?"), and Sentinel's heartless response.

So I ask you again: How did Ironhide's death affect you? What was your reaction?

I'm not asking as a loyal fan to Ironhide (Sideswipe and Optimus are my top favourites with Ironhide equally standing alongside Optimus). I'm asking because I want to know what everyone else thought. I can't be the only one, can't I?

2. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

.........uhhh

If movies and cartoons affect you like that, you may want to seek help.

Not kidding. The reaction you're describing would be semi-normal if you'd just lost a parent or child. You should see somebody.

3. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    remember how Bumblebee's eyes larged when he was about to die? that was pretty much me, except not that big. I actually felt somthing, felt tears coming out of my eye. same with Q/Wheeljack

4. spiritprime

News Credits:
    Haha! Yeah, I probably do. :D 

5. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm dead serious.

If you're actually having reactions like what you said, you should get some help. That's well outside of healthy.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This film was so full of emotions, I loved it!
    It was like watching real Transfomers, like during live footage from a news channel or a documentary.

Ironhide getting blasted like that was cruel, it didn't please me at all, but it had to be done I suppose if Bay is leaving Transformers franchise..a lot of characters had to die.

What I would have wanted instead was the Twins sacrificing themselves and dying while Ironhide retreats nearly dead.
    Ironhide is a great characer, we shall be missed.

How did it affect me? Well, look at my sig/avatar :thumb 

7. spiritprime

News Credits:
    Now this is what I needed to hear. Not people telling me to seek professional help. I'm just an emotional person stuck with depression, that's all. *snorts*

Anyway. The whole movie was an emotional rollarcoaster. If Bay really is leaving, then I guess he wanted to do something that will make us hate him or probably praise him for bringing in something really emotional.

And I wanted to see the Twins doing that too. That would've been even made the stakes even more higher than before.

I think it affected nearly everyone from what all people are saying on this website: shock, anger at Sentinel, and probably going through those five stages of grief. It was a powerful scene, but it was a shame we probably didn't get to see Ironhide's send off. There probably wasn't enough time because of how much the war was going on. But I think Optimus spoke for himself.

Optimus was told of Ironhide's death by Ratchet in novel, so I'm guessing even in his tone in the movie, Optimus was grieving. Heck, he probably would've done anything to make up for the mistake he committed, but it cost him his best soldier, friend and body guard.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The only thing i didn't care for was the fact he death was never mentioned again in the movie.

That honestly bugged me, it's like Bay seams to forget Robots have feelings too.

9. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

spiritprime, I am honestly astounded by the death of Ironhide. He should have gone out sacrificing himself to save Earth, either indirectly like my second favorite Autobot Jetfire, or directly by killing Sentinel before he could activate the pillar. A knife to the spark or shot to the face would have easily sufficed.

Requiescat (spelling?) In Pace old friend.

10. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I agree, you might honestly see if there's someone you could talk to, especially if there's physiological problems stemming from it. It's entirely possible there's something associative going on.

The original Ironhide was my first Transformer as a kid, and that was literally the first happy memory I remember having after my brother passed away from cancer. I wasn't distraught when it happened, but it did seem to strike a little closer to home.

11. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Calm down dude, it's only a movie! :D 

But seriously, my heart was actually pounding because I knew it was coming, then I was a bit sad, because he is a decent character.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm also kinda cheesed off by Ironhide's demise but his death really made the viewer feel the impact of Sentinel's actions.

13. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just because some folks feel a stronger sense of emotion doesn't me that they need help, heck I've been bipolar nearly all my life.

Anyway just seeing Ironhide just lying there, succumbed to cosmic rust, yeah I don't think he's coming back should this franchise continues onward. He will be dearly missed.

14. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel kinda guilty saying this, but I kinda forgot that Ironhide died.

Now that I do remember, while I still can't really muster any strong reactions either way, I shall at least honour his memory by threatening to shoot small, domesticated animals.

15. cobracobra

cobracobra Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you. I had some "this is so awesome" tears I have to admit, seeing a 2 story Ravage in the first five minutes I almost sploded my pants.

16. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Appears to be 1986 2.0.

I always liked Ironhide, but I wasn't reallt moved by his death. I grabbed myself a little. I felt it, mang. When his head plopped off? I was like "Dayum."

17. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I thought it was a cool move to have a shocking death and really show what an A hole Sentinal is. It really hit home his betrayal. Would have worked even better if anyone in the movie appeared to care.

Personally though I can't say I cared at all that he died. All he really did in the last two films was say 'Decepticon punk' and 'school's out' or whatever. If he had more character development or more time spent seeing him as a more 3 dimensional character it would have effected me more. Same with Wheeljacks death.

18. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Not really for Ironhide, but the 3 movies in general. I am not being funny when I say this. I too have felt some sort of empty gaping hole , as if we have all landed in "the future". Like, what now?
    I also cant sleep, I cant stop thinking about the movies, and if there will not be any more it just feels so fuckin hollow, I cant even explain.
    I want them to say, hey 4 is a go, and hear all sorts of shit here about it.
    I also feel very brainwashed and dazed, all I can think of is TF and I watched some Orson Welles shit tonite on youtube and have been thinking Nonstop about all the conspiracies and symbolism in the movies and what does it mean? Also the suicide thing, like the suicide doors and suicide you, it just feels weird. Kurt Cobain?

19. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Troll thread isn't funny

20. SONICDEBEZT

SONICDEBEZT DESTROYER OF WORLDS

News Credits:
    well i'm typing to you as a ghost so not pretty good