How could this be?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by knight_fire, May 29, 2007.

1. knight_fire

knight_fire Member

This has bothered me for years, in the Transformers cartoon movie when the big battle is going on at autobot city where prime and megs battle.. Soundwave is flying through the air and ejects his tape cassettes to attack.. During this shot you see a major blunder with two red frenzy's instead of one being blue rumble.. The next shot its fixed.. But my question is, how the hell does this blunder happen and make it past final and all editing.. Sure it happened in the normal g1 tv show all the time ( Thats lazy bullcrap too in my opinion ) But this is the big fricken major MOVIE to be in theaters and all with a much bigger budget I assume.. So how the hell did this mistake be allowed to make it into the final film? Its just very annoying everytime I see that shot, anyone else feel that way.. When the dvd came out last fall/winter and it advertised " color corrected " or something to that effect, well I thought/hoped that it meant they fixed that scene, but was very dissapointed to see its still there even in the dvd.. 2 red frenzy's ready for battle, still annoying as hell lol.. Gotta feel bad for rumble getting shafted in that shot j/k lol.. Im not a frequent viewer of these forums so I appolagize if this has been discused a million times over already..

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Eh, it happens. I mean, if you don't blink, there are quite a few "slightly off" color variations in the movie, too. On top of that, I kinda figure that the animation studio involved in the production of Transformers wasn't exactly, like, Disney, for example - the quality control on checking frames vs. frames may have been good, but it wasn't mega-accurate.

...and yeah, it's been discussed a lot, but hey - similar stuff bugs folks, so no worries, man! Welcome back to the boards!

3. knight_fire

knight_fire Member

I thank you for the kind greeting, much appreciated:thumb 

Knight_Fire

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

it gives me a good laugh when that happens. or when the wrong voice comes out of a character. welcome aboard

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Firrir? (As opposed to Firrib)

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Aw hell, just paint all the tapes red!

7. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:

I think in retrospect, we make it a whole lot bigger than what Hasbro ever intended it to be. I don't think they ever thought Transformers would EVER get this big. Reading the making of features and various people involved in the movie, it still was an extended toy commercial to them so a "small" color problem probably didn't seem worth the trouble to go back and gix it to them.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I get more annoyed by the fact that in the movie Hot Rod never transforms the same way twice.

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    So many mistakes in the film and the tv series.

My favourite is in first ep of season for. optimus has the grey Mohawk from them not coloring in all of the helmet.

10. A_U_T_O_B_O_T

A_U_T_O_B_O_T G1 Fan

That had to be one of the funniest mistakes. Though all of the blunders of putting the wrong insignias on the bots in the cartoon series was pretty good too.

11. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Well-Known Member

Almost all movies have blunders like this. Even live-action movies. If you watch Star Wars, Episode III, for example, there are numerous scenes during the lightsaber fights when characters have the wrong characters' saber. In the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel, it's really obvious, and at some point, Palpatine fights using Anakin's saber.

There are lots of other errors in TF:TM, too. There are some animation glitches, and quite a few plot holes. For example, at one point, Prime clearly shoots Soundwave right in the chest, and Starscream blows a good chunk of his own foot off. But neither one of them is thrown off Astrotrain for the "survival of the fittest." ( also, niether one is shown damaged after that.)

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, and Starscream shortly thereafter kicks Megatron with the same foot. That must have hurt. :lol 

Anyway, I enjoy errors, it leads to countless comments, some insightful, most funny. :D 

13. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

Editors also missed a car on screen for the theatrical release of LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring. That was fixed before the dvds were released.

14. Windturf

Windturf Insane Ratchet Fan

Must I really have to mention, "Carnage in C Minor"?

15. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

the color correction i laughed at, hot rod's dark red now looks more pinkish to me

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I would LOVE to see that.

17. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never even noticed the Rumble/Frenzy mistake. But I've always been bugged by the close up of Starscream during the "How do you feel, Mighty Megatron?" scene where his entire chest is orange. A much worse and more noticible error, IMO.