How could Strika be incorporated into IDW?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Necromaster, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Believe me, I want to see this. I really want to see this. But does anyone have any idea as to what would be a good way to introduce Strika into the comics (hypothetically speaking)?

2. DarthusPrime

DarthusPrime Well-Known Member

Maybe as one of the original directors who oversaw the creation of the DJD. That'd be killer. Or an original test subject for the Phase Sixer projects...

THAT and she is the Conjunx Endura of Lugnut :3

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simple. Have Hasbro plan a toy.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why is this suddenly so hard? There is a planet of girls now.

5. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    At this point any fembots are more than likely going to be Camians like Windblade, Chromia, and Nautica.
    They could make Strika a Camian that became bored of the peace and – in her eyes, the stagnation of her home world and struck out on her own, joining up with some far flung Decepticons along the way.
    You could do the same with basically any 'Con or *TransTech Shockwave* morally ambiguous fembot.

6. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Quoting myself:

Really, with galactic-scale, millions year old war, and the fact that ships of both DJD and Turmoil weren't the only Decepticon ships roaming around, the only hard thing is to give a good reason why a character wasn't happy with staying on Caminus.

7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Yes!

Strika would be a great addition to the already expansive cast, along with Slipstream. I like your idea Haywired. Very neat.

8. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    This sounds like a good way...

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Though let us observe that Strika as a Decepticon is actually a reference to Animated, not to the G1-timeline version of the character, who was an Autobot then reincarnated as a Vehicon.

That's not to say she can't be a Decepticon, but a far more faithful take on the character would have her as the military leader of the Caminian colony. She could be a protagonist or antagonist as situations warrant.

10. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Honestly, I wouldn't care how they brought her in, the fact that it's Strika would have me buy anything.

She doesn't necessarily have to be either faction, but she pretty much screams Decepticon or at least "one of the bad people" for me.

11. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, this. I could easily see that, and Slipstream being her second in command. I could see her actually seeing Cyberton as a threat and reacting accordingly, which would make her bad, whilst trying to be good.

12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

On top of that, given general Cybertronian (and might be also suitable for post-Cybertronian Camiens) stance towards the other species, which is quite arrogant for Autobots (not counting Optimus and his direct subordinates) and plain aggressive for Decepticons (and that both Strika and Slipstream aren't very nice bots), their military unit might act aggressive towards organics as well.

They might, with time, just adapt Decepticon ideology (which is a perfect one for any transformer militarist/expansionist), or just work with Decepticons while not being "real" 'Cons (much like TFA Lockdown and TFP Airachnid weren't strictly Decepticons, but more like mercs working with Cons).

They don't really need Deceptibadges to show in comic books working with 'Cons.

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    A wonderful Voyager class Strika toy (which I'd like more then a steady comic presence) would ensure she got in the comics and stayed there.

14. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Both her and Obsidian were loyal to Cybertron, not to a Decepticon/Predacon/Vehicon cause. They fought for Cybertron's best interest, and in BM, that appeared to be Megatron. They're not necessarily villainous characters.

However, I agree she tends to suit a more villainous role than as an Autobot.

15. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I think what I'm trying to get at is that Strika and Obsidian were best portrayed as antagonists and should be portrayed as such if they are to appear.

16. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

They could just dump her in unceremoniously like they do with everybody else. (I'm looking at you, Tankor.)

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I can dig Strika and Obsidian being antagonists on Camnian. Though I don't see them as the pure evil type, based on how they were depicted in BM, they should be well intentioned extremists.

18. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Hook her up with The Scavengers as a crew addition. They found her floating around a moon or something.

19. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

What I love about Strika is that she's a fembot who looks about as feminine as a tank. She could definitly be an interesting addition to somethings cast.

20. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    One thing I would want her to have, should she appear, is a sense of menace. I want her to be threatening. I want her to be downright SCARY.

I also want her to fight Windblade (or at least Chromia) but that's just wishful thinking.