How come you still like Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jon, Dec 2, 2008.

1. jon

jon That dude from the forest

News Credits:
    As I'm laying in bed with insomnia for the third straight night I was started to thinking why I still like Transformers and I was wondering what everybody elses reasons are. I am about to turn 21 and I got my first tattoos when I was 18. They were the Autobot and Decepticon insignias on my forearm. I wanted to get something that I had literally loved for my 18 years. And no matter what I can think of was my older sister watching Tranformers. So to me they were always in my house. And I also moved a lot as a child so having my toys and recorded episodes with me had a sense of a friend I could bring with me wherever I moved to. And almost three years later I don't regret getting that tattoos but I don't find myself buying any toys anymore unless its a toy I must have. Which last was classics Sunstreaker. I watch Animated, loved Beast Wars/Machines. I grew up in the G2 generation renting TFTM on VHS whenever my Mom went grocery shopping. So I'm not a G1 kid but none the less Transformers still holds a place with me. And I was wondering what is everyone elses reasons were for still keeping up with Transformers?

2. Sideways

Sideways Banned

dude i have both insignias on my forearms too.I don't regret them one bit.
    I have to say I haven't bought a lot of TFs lately but it doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan.

3. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

because transformers is more than meets the eye.

meanwhile, other toylines are either right there at meeting the eye but not more, or falls short of meeting the eye.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    They are finally making the toys the way I wanted them. Plus I was always fans of the characters. But lets face it the modern versions blow away the ones we had when we were kids.

5. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Similar reason for me in some ways, really. I'm 30, and TFs were my favourite toy as a child; but i don't have a nostalgia for the old toys or cartoon, it's more that we now get things like the Masterpiece figures. The engineering on those things is awesome, and it's that sort of detail that works for me as a "grown up".

So I don't collect the old toys, or buy the new toys, other than the MPs (or similar; I've got some BTs, and i'll get the Alternity toys, for example); but I'm always interested to see the new ones, because stuff like Classics & Animated look great & are clearly such great toys, and then I really dig the design aesthetic of the Movie TFs - that kind of thing is in my line of work, so it's a connection with that as well. So, really.. they were great toys & characters back in the 80s when I played with them, and now I still like TFs because some of the modern figures & designs have some great artistry to 'em.

Something like that :) 

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Because I'm still a child at heart.

Translation: I never grew up in the first place.

7. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They were my absolute favorite toy/show as a child (im in my 30's) and now I can afford to buy them instead of relying on Christmas/Birthdays as the only source of getting a new toy :-D

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I was sort of at that point one time myself. For a while there it looked like nothing but the movie stuff that just didn't appeal to me. There was the whole war about the movie that seemed to bring out so many bad things in fans on both sides. Oy, and the whole war over the con set was also something to make me just wonder why in the heck I'm holding on.

But then Animated hit and it gave the answer. Things might always change but that doesn't mean you have to give up all the stuff that you liked about the characters in the first place. Animated Prime wasn't a replacement for all the other Primes he's just one of many. Plus it sort of hit that sometimes change is going to work for you and some times it will not but if you just hold on long enough change will come.

Then it really didn't hurt that Classics came back and the comic books continued their G1 inspired stuff. So maybe there are times when things aren't a bright and sunny as I'd like but it's maybe one of the best times ever since there are so many choices and some wise people pointed out you don't have to like everything just to be a fan.

So yea one day there will be something that makes you say oh yea that's why I've always enjoyed these things.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Because everyone needs a hobby.

10. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    because they're awesome. they look cool and they're fun to play with.

11. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    It's one of those mythos' that doesn't get boring with age. Plus, I like the thrill of the toy hunt. Why do people like Star Wars? Same thing.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Quoted for truth :D 

I've just always loved robots and sci fi. It's all good!

13. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Storywise I like the concept of advanced machines gaining sentience. I also love the g1 mythos, last but not least I love a lot of the TF designs especially the old g1 stuff. They may be oudated but they are still cool.

14. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I like Transformers because it keeps reinventing itself generation after generation. Plus, I like the shiny cars and trucks. And the occasional Munky toy.

15. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

The transformers are very cool, I have a few that are standing on my computer unbeknown they also teach different things like teamwork and honesty[the Autobots] and the others[Decepticons] they are very evil

16. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I think I still like it due to a few very good reasons:

1) Optimus Prime (Need I say more?)

2) Giant robot warriors that can turn themselves into everyday vehicles.

3) Interesting mythololgy.

4) Amazing toys to support the show.

5) Much loved characters.

I was a fan since I was seven years old, and I will die a fan...

17. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because there big f**king Robots.
    Plus there fun to play with :) 

18. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Mainly because the G1 toys have a certain aesthetic that I think looks awesome, and I can finally afford to buy all the ones I coveted as a child.

And the whole Marvel UK run is great, I still read my old comics to this day.

19. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

^ That right there. Grew up reading the comics more than I had toys to play with, now I can afford those toys I was denied back then (always loved robots in general too).

20. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Good question... how come I still like Transformers?