How come we never see any Decepticon alt-mode set pics >:S

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Thepower911, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

.....I know there military vehicles...but still at least something, or have I missed it? All I ever see is the autobots. Maybe this might be a sign, they will hardly ever have screen time or something. I hope not.

2. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I think it's because, for the most part, Decepticons are either giant helicopters (Blackout), Alien Jets/Tanks (Megatron), or other gigantic pieces of equipment. And it's much easier, and safer to build those in CG and compose them into a shot later.

But the small, automotive Decepticons (Barricade, Sideswipe, Nascar-bots) almost always get spotted because like the Autobots, they're being brought in on car carriers.

3. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, there are the NASCARS that the 'Bots are chasing. Also, the filming just started so they might not have filmed a lot with them in alt modes. Also, a lot of them could just be in robot mode/cgi'd alt mode in the scenes so far.

Seriously, filming JUST started. Relax and enjoy the ride.

4. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well most of the decepticons were in cgi there were some instances when megatron was in alt mode....in chicago with the filming nothing but cranes were lifting up vehicles. like you said , in other movies, except the military vehicles it's hard.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think there are several reasons why you don't see to many.

Megatron and Starscream are about the only Decepticons with a good deal of screen time. You aren't going to see Megatron on set because he doesn't have an Earth mode. Starscream's alt mode is normally seen flying instead of just sitting there so no Starscream on the sets.

You've got several Decepticons who are just cannon fodder so no need for their alt mode more than a day or two on set.

It's not too hard for the man on the street to snap a picture during filming in a place like LA or Chicago, but it's harder to get those on looker pictures when they are out in the middle of nowhere or need more room on closed set because they doing explosions around military vehicles.

We are seeing more set pictures of Decepticon alt modes this time because there are more cars and it looks like maybe someone got the idea of hey Micheal Bay is great at car chases so why don't we have more of them.

6. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

Because most of them are rendered in cgi

7. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Most of them have CGI-rendered alternate modes for the most part. If they actually had the real alternate modes of the Decepticons during filming, it would most likely be in places where the fans can't reach (like the Constructicons in ROTF).
    Plus, the Decepticons have very varied alternate modes, like military vehicles, construction vehicles, all kinds of stuff. The Autobot are almost always cars, so they are seen around more.