How come War for Cybertron isn't released in Japan yet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Dec 14, 2011.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I mean it's been a year since the game was first released,and yet it's been out in other countries except for Japan. So is Takara is just waiting for a time for the game to be released before Transformers Prime starts airing there or is it kind of impossible because of copy right reasons? I do know that the WFC figures are released in Japan but yet the game hasn't been out with the toy's releases.

I mean what are your thoughts on this?

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I don't think Activision has a division in Japan, and they are the distributor. Unless they find a Japanese distributor, and dubbing team, it's out of the question.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been wondering the same thing, but it is in Japan. I've played a few Japanese folks that have the game. You can purchase it from Amazon.co.jp (usually the American version, though sometimes the Asian version) though it is in English only.

I figure it isn't in Japan because it isn't cute enough, that and the fact that Japan is still slow to accepting foreign games (though that's slowly changing). I have a feeling things will change next year though. With hit games like Uncharted 3, Batman: Arkham City and Assassin's Creed 3 doing well, people are starting to take notice over here. Perhaps next year is the year Japan sees both WFC and FOC around the same...or not. If only there were bigger eyes, and more shenanigans, it would have been here already:lol 

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Oh that's nice! So at least a few people there played the game and know what it is!:) 

Well considering how the game's all gritty and warlike not to mention how the robots look, not beng cute enough is CERTAINLY an understatement!:lol  Let's hope the game and the rest of the games you've mentioned do somehow come to Japan! I wonder of they think the TFP asthetic is "cute"? I mean it's more cartoony yet also realistic and maybe the people there may accept that more.

5. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    No moe bots.