How come nobody recorded the singapore episodes for us?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by perceptor_mc, Oct 8, 2011.

1. perceptor_mc

perceptor_mc Well-Known Member

Not that I expect to demand it's anyone duty to record transformers for me, just when the new episodes were airing in Canada people were making downloads and putting them on youtube.

Now the last 2 eps have aired in Singapore and loads of people seemed to have watched them but none one of you recorded? Or did I miss them?

Not a rant btw just wondering. At least got part 2 tomorrow.

Tom

2. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They recorded them, and posted them on Youtube, but they've been taken down since then.
    So they did try.

jD001

3. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Part 2 was up last I checked, which was earlier this afternoon... The quality is hella low, but you can still make out the episode. I recommend watching with headphones tbh.

Here it is. Can't find episode 26 though :/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Way I see it, if someone shares an episode, its a privilege for those of us without Prime or who are stuck on reruns. But I won't lose any sleep if I don't get to see an episode, it'll be on DVD / Blu-Ray eventually and I'll own it then. We've got every show that way so far except Animated Season 3, and I'm sure that'll happen one day.

Main thing - encodes are a privilege, not a right.

5. frost_fenix

frost_fenix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering they've been recorded by cellphone, I'll catch the eps after they officially air.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Even so, the offering of anything to the fan community is welcome. These guys didn't have to capture it, so I say, be grateful for what we've got.

7. frost_fenix

frost_fenix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No offense to them, really. What I meant is I just want to watch TFP with a decent quality, so if there are no proper encodes available then I'll wait, that's all :) 

8. bio9205

bio9205 Knocked Out

Well, it's kinda hard for us in Singapore to record them, as most of us don't actually own a recorder. I definitely would've recorded the episode if I had one.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Op just assumes everyone in Singapore has the know-how and tools to record TV shows and put them online? Even if they did, they keep getting taken down on Youtube and fewer still would know how to make torrents.

10. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I'm okay with the gesture even if it was taken down. It'll be on today on The Hub. So I'll catch it tonight.

11. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Sol Fury - I agree that any offering is appreciated. I appreciate the time spent, the effort made. But I think that cellphone recordings of TVs isn't worth that time/effort spent by the person recording - they may as well record the show's reflection off a glass door. I know that sounds dickish - i realize the person recording had their heart in the right place, and just wanted to help out the community. and for that I appreciate it. But if it's raining, don't hand me a fishnet umbrella... it's better than nothing, but not much.

i can't help but sound like a dick, i'm really not trying to.

12. perceptor_mc

Oh i really didn't assume anything. I know not everyone has the means to. I don't myself. Just generally tf fans are quite techy and usually a couple of posters are on the case as proved by the canadian posters.

But i wasn't aware that some had been posted on youtube and taken off so thankyou :) 

13. perceptor_mc

Yes indeedy! Can't wait!

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why does this question keep popping up? Someone asked this in the mega season finale thread a few nights before and after Singapore confirmed it was going to have the season finale weeks before the rest of the world. Quick question to the OP, are you willing to go out of your way to do something for those of us here? Everyone here isn’t capable or able to contribute something of interest to all here, but that doesn’t stop many from trying. When you get down to it, isn’t that enough? I think it is these selfless efforts that bring us here day after day to share or discuss or opinions about the findings.

I myself appreciate those cell phone recordings, as they were more than watchable.

15. perceptor_mc

sheesh i knew i'd get this... I was merely asking a question and not baggin anyone for not trying. Just wondering why that's all. I said: Not that I expect to demand it's anyone duty to record transformers for me / Not a rant btw just wondering. At least we got part 2 tomorrow.

I tried to word it as nice as possible just asking why we got them for the early Canadian ones and not the Singapore ones? That's all. I was nor hardly demanding nor do i not appreciate everyone's efforts on here.

Thank you. Tom

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparenlty TFP airs at a bad time there for adults, so that's probably why nobody recorded it.

17. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not the case. There were some really nice people from Singapore that uploaded both episode 25 and 26. But they got taken down.

I think it was a really nice thing to do. And they didn't just use cellphone cameras. They don't have DVR's in Singapore so some actually pulled out video cameras to actually record the episode.

That, in my opinion takes a lot of effort.

18. perceptor_mc

That is a very nice thing for them to do and I am very grateful these people take the time and effort. It's a shame after all of that they get pulled off youtube. Maybe Hasbro have gotten more wise to it after they completely didn't notice all the Canadian ones going up a couple of months ago.

19. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm very pleased with everyone's efforts and enjoyed all the clips and spoilers, but there's nothing like watching the eps on your own TV and DVRing them to watch over and over!! :popcorn 

20. [soundwave]

[soundwave] Communications

News Credits:
    This. I'm from Singapore and a huge fan of TFPrime but didn't even get the time to watch it on TV due to work.