how can you tighten the arms of g1 bumblebee/cj/bumper figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ckhtiger, May 6, 2008.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I just got my collection out of storage and am having a blast putting them all back up. however the little guys are suffering from super floppy, spinning arms. I know all about tightening joints with clear nail polish, but judging by the way there's just a tiny peg in a hole (I think) for this, I don't think that's the best way to go about it. any ideas? I'm looking for specifics, especially from people who have done it before.

2. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

I've been curious about this myself -- not specifically for the bumble mold's sake, but for any figure with a loose Peg joint, that can't easily be recoated or anything.

Is there something that can be safely sprayed, brushed, or dripped into it to tighten the joint....sort of like a Reverse WD-40?

The only solution I've ever had is to heat up the wide head of the pin with a soldering iron and push it tightly down, hoping the heat will reseal the connector...but even that doesn't always work...and I'm not entirely sure that's even the same situation as op's post.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

not quite, since it's a plastic peg that makes the swivel. and I'm SURE not going to place a soldering iron on the inside of plastic on one of those little g1 guys :lol 

but honestly, SOMEONE out there has to have fixed up one of their 84 minibots, right?

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

anyone, anyone?

5. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I recently had a Bumblebee keychain open. Now his arms weren't that floppy, but I did get a look at the arm mechanisms...

Here's my suggestion, I've never tried it... but it might work.

Take yours apart and put a little nail polish on the rails where the arms slide in and out. And if you are delicate you can put a little around the arms joints where the 2 wheels connect (just wipe off any excess that doesn't make it into the joint).