How can you Preorder these?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lt. Faceless, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

How can you perorder an exclusive item from a con that just ending yesterday? BigBadToyStore.com Search I've made it clear before i don't like BBTS and this is why.

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

This is great for those, like me, that couldn't attend. Without the scalper prices.

3. Lt. Faceless

Its not even that.They are exclusive to the Con.So,how can BBTS have a preorder on them? The con sets were soldout(or so i thought).Are they waiting on people to sell them theirs? or waiting on the hasbro to make them some? then its not exclusive anymore.

4. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Buy them from attendees for cash on the spot.

5. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

BBTS was not at Botcon again, infact I dont think Joel does conventions anymore but i am sure they had some people get a hold of stock who attended.

6. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Here is their current stock-

14 Boxed sets
    9 TC/Galvs
    18 Autotroopers
    15 Txi/SSs
    7 Fizzys

How they can aquire that many, idk. If I told you, I would have to kill you.:p 

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They could have sent someone to the con to buy the stuff for them or had someone local buy the stuff for them and ship it back to their warehouse. It's a preorder because they do not have it in stock yet.

Anybody on the boards can do the same if they make friends and ask them to get them stuff. It's not a BBTS thing.

8. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    To answer you question Faceless,do you really think BBTS buys these figures second hand,no,I am sure Joel was at Botcon to buy them himself just like most of the mods and admin here at TFW were there too.So don't assume cause BBTS has them they aren't exclusive,cause they are,Joel and them are selling theres on the secondary market not Botcon.Hope that makes sense.

9. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like BBTS but their prices are pretty much in line with ebay so its not like they are selling them for $10 over convention costs or something.

10. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

It's nothing new, they get stuff every year.

11. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I am sure there are people that arrange ahead of time with BBTS to give up there convention sets in for store credit for stuff they want. At least thats a thought.

12. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    Like others have stated, its pretty obvious that someone, representing BBTS or working on BBTS behalf, buy the toys at the convention then sell the the consumer once they are shipped to their warehouse.

There are many sites besides BBTS that do this. Take a look at TFsource and you will see the exact Botcon toys for sale at inflated prices.

Not sure why this would be bad press for them since they are in the market to make money. I'm sure a ten dollar markup will not cover overhead costs. Besides, the boards are selling for the same price or more, that's just business.

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why the surprise at the prices?
    in actuality, even the BotCon attendees wind up paying about the same price as BBTS is selling them for.
    Attendees pay for the Ticket/Pass, (about $350+), then they pay travel, lodging, food, expenses and whatever else that comes along.

in the end, you are SAVING a little money just ordering from BBTS or TFSource.

and what good is attending a BotCon when you can just pre-order all the stuff they are offering?
    People wouldn't go if it was all mass released a week before the 'Con and at a discount.

14. Lt. Faceless

Thanks for the answeres guys.I was just curious how they done that.

15. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  16. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist Veteran

News Credits:
    I've always had good business with BBTS in the past. Joel's a pretty cool guy. Hell, I remember before BBTS got big with his old web site where he sold stuff and would at time link people to it in the old AOL Chatroom The Ark. God. I'm old and I wonder how many other fans today used to ahng out in there that I don't remember.