How Can We Help Bob Orci Fit Unicron In For TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, May 24, 2009.

1. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Well Bay's ego may be the size of a transforming planet, but I don't think he'll make a great Unicron.

2. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Transformers was so popular coz the storyline is simple. Good robots vs Bad robots. That's it. And we could relate to it because everything was Earth-based.

We dont need Unicron.

3. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Of course Unicron's been done before. Every character has appeared before. They get reimagined and they serve roles that are subtly different to what we have seen before. Megatron seeks power and domination. Starscream seeks to betray him and claim Megatron's place as his own. Optimus Prime often dies. These things almost always occur. Why is it that Unicron is "too much" simply because some of us cannot imagine a movieverse reimagining of him. He does not have to be a planet -- my suggestion was something akin to the Xindi superweapon in Star Trek: Enterprise -- and nor does he have to be huge. He can be altered to fit the writers' purposes. The Fallen was.

4. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Fallen is very similar to his source. One of the original Primes that betrayed his own for power and took on deciples to do his bidding. As far as I know they only thing changed was his design.

Also, if I remember correctly the last time a gigantic being that devoured planets was reimagined for a live-action movie, he was turned into a giant storm cloud.

5. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not that we can't picture him reimagined but that he would just be to crazy for Bayformers.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Look, no dinobots & no Unicorn, please. Sorry if anyone is offended but these bot need to remain in G1. Unicorn the size of the Sun? and the Robotic dinosaurs (now extinct, and scientist still not 100% sure how they looked, spinosaurus was believed to walk on all fours, but now confirmed, somehow, to walk on two) who transformers to transformers, yeah this would be a good way to kill the franchise. So please, look into something more in G1, I know there is much to choose, and If not G1, then other universes.
    :thumb 

7. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    A sun-sized unicorn would be terrifyingly awesome.

8. Shockscream

News Credits:
    My point about reinterpreting The Fallen was that his original plan was to bring about the Unbinding of the cosmos, not a simple quest for power. He was also a Herald of Unicron if memory serves and this does not seem to be the case in RotF.

Altering Unicron into a Galactus-like cloud would be a reimagining, sure. However, it would detract from his character. It is the personality of the Chaos-Bringer that makes him so malevolent and interesting and worthy of exploration. I know that he needs to be downsized and seriously rethough, but I don't think that he will detract from the movieverse. Another layer to the already-building mythos can only add to our enjoyment and wonder.

9. Shockscream

News Credits:
    How so? The primary purpose of the films is to make money. I imagine that people would pay to see a planet-sized Transformer threaten our lives and safety. A G1-style Unicron, on a planetary scale would be mad. It won't happen for that very reason. A lot of the other characters have been redesigned for the movies, what makes Unicron different? There is undoubtedly a way to include him that would be fresh and interesting to both us and the casual movie-watcher. He doesn't have to be lifted entirely from G1 or Armada and deposited into the movieverse. That would be stupid. An interpretation of Unicron that retains his basic principles is all I am advocating. By the end of RotF, Megatron will have been twice defeated (and thus have is ability to menace the audience seriously weakened) and The Fallen will be either dead or sealed in an alternate reality. Someone more threatening than them both is required. I do not think that anyone short of Unicron is suitable for the task.

10. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    no unicron, please no

the third movie could be returning to cybertron, building a city, but no planet-formers please, look at what happened to galactus in ff:2.

that would be great for a direct to dvd movie.IMHO

11. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Why couldn't they make Unicron fit? Hell he could just be some mysterious, driving force behind the plot in the 3rd movie.Remember when Galvatron tried to betray him and he "scolded" him for it? He was not around all of the time to do that.Show one quick scene of him out in space and have Megs become his ever so popular Galvatron self, and have him just communicate with Galvatron that way there's no need to have him show up to eat Earth. But at the same time, he will be the catalyst driving Galvatron and the other Decepticons.

12. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

Based on the comics, it's pretty clear the setup for Movie 3 is "Megatron returns to Mars, finds the Nemesis, and raises a Decepticon army to destroy Prime."

So, no Unicron.

However, it's possible to do the Dinobots. Two words: Animatronic Dinosaurs. Robotic T-Rex's, Stegosaurus's, and Triceratops already exist. A robotic Pteranadon and a robotic Brontosaurus is not out of the realm of possibility.

Here's a synopsis for TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF GALVATRON, showing how it might work:
    Megatron returns to Earth with a Decepticon Army, lead by SHOCKWAVE, via the Space Bridge. Even with the arrival of ULTRA MAGNUS, WHEELJACK, HOUND, BLASTER, PERCEPTOR, and HOT ROD, among others, the Autobots find themselves outnumbered and outgunned. In a last ditch effort to stop Megatron, the Autobots search Earth for machines they can animate and turn against the Decepticons. They come across an article on dinosaurs, and decide that these would be perfect warriors to take on the Decepticons. Travelling to a nearby museum, the Autobots animate five robotic Dinosaurs, using Wheeljack's help to control the energies of the Allspark, creating the DINOBOTS. The remaining Autobots and DINOBOTS (GRIMLOCK, SLAG, SLUDGE, SNARL, SWOOP) go after the Decepticons, mortally wounding Megatron. He retreats to Mars using the newly built Space Bridge, and reformats himself using the parts and weapons from fallen Decepticons, becoming GALVATRON. Together, the Autobots have to stop GALVATRON, before he destroys the Autobots and enslaves Earth's population and machines for himself...

13. cnic

cnic Decepticon

LOL. Every time I bring up the Dinobots, I get flamed for it.....

14. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even better. Grimlock and his motly crew, invade Earth like Rambo, with a unique "could care less" attitude- crash landing in a dinosaur museum, he adopts the form of an animatronic T-rex where a moment of humor ensues as he tries to blend in with his new form. Unfortunately the museum guards are awfully suspicious of the extra robot dinosaur.

15. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

TF3 is too early for Unicron. I still say bring in Shockwave as the main villain.

16. cnic

cnic Decepticon

How can Shockwave be the next main villain? He was so subsurvient to Megatron he could not be even considered. I think they should go further into Starscream trying to overthrow Megatron, setting up a sort of triple threat where maybe Megatron has to beg Prime for his help in stopping him. Only to turn on Prime thus there being a 3 way battle between the three sides.Thus it being called Transformers 3......Triplethreat........ And if you really are still reading this.......forgive me for trying to make a joke.I'm just bullshiting. :thumbs2: 

17. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Simple. Use his Marvel Comics' characterization, where he was basically an evil Spock who assumed leadership of the Decepticons for a time. And use the Dreamwave miniseries 'War and Peace' as a template when it comes to the story.

There's a lot of potential there, IMO.

18. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

yeah unicron is cool but if he was in the movie it would basically be a tf:tm remake. i have said this b4, unicron and maybe primus should have their own (probaly animated) dvd.

19. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    im not sure how this would work out. super amounts of cg. However Michael bay wants things bigger and better if he makes sequels and with combiners already used in tf2, the only thing crazier than that is planet eating robots.. lol

20. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

I think shockwave would actually make a pretty cool bad guy for number 3, if they go with him being left on cybertron to "guard" it, and he just flippe dby being on his own all the time and when he finally gets the chance to get back at megs for just making him look like a prat he just vows death to all bots that dont follow him, and his army would be this mindles emotionless ruthless group and maybe a team up of bots and cons to fight him :D