how can the red ferrari be hot rod?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by wowzers, Jan 11, 2011.

1. wowzers

wowzers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im new here but ive been watching the site for updates and stuff and that ferrari car has intrigued me alot of people have been saying its hot rod but if i remember correctly didn't hot rod have flames on him?now i know it can still be him and i kinda hope it is but was there any other autobots that could be the ferrari?again i am new so sorry if there is a thread for this already

2. Edgcracker

Edgcracker Well-Known Member

Yeah Hot Rod had flames... But what's your point? Is that your entire argument against the Ferrari being Hot Rod/Rodimus?
    Then who the hell is the semi truck?! Because Optimus was a cab-over without flames, but the truck in the movies is a regular semi with flames.
    Oh God. I just realized "Bumblebee" is a yellow Camaro with black stripes - I thought he was a VW Beetle! And they're calling a black pick up "Iron Hide?!" Everybody knows he is a red van!! There is no way that silver Vette is Sideswipe either! Damn it, he's a red Lamborghini!!!! I feel my entire childhood crumbling all around me. Please somebody, tell me that the whole changing of colors and vehicles is merely a symptom of being caught in the Matrix or something. For the love of God! My brain is crashing! Error! Error! Error!

In all seriousness, here is a thread about the Ferrari: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-movie-discussion/353587-red-ferrari-cliffjumper.html

G1 and other series' details mean jack when it comes to the Bayverse. Have you not seen the other two movies? Besides, the Ferrari makes sense as a "real world" Hot Rod/Rodimus. Much more than a "futuristic" car with flame decals.

3. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Flames? Seriously?! :mad 

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The movie designs are radical new takes on classic characters, they will usually not be carbon copies, (well, never cnsidering the asthetic) but include homages and references to past designs and/or the character themselves in their designs and abilities. (example: Ironhide is a big, heavy-duty truck beffiting someone called Ironhide, Bumblebee is yellow with black stripes like a bee and has doorwings in robot mode, Sideswipe seems to have been designed to do just that, Blackout causes blackouts, etc.)

I admit, I lol'd.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011