How can someone be a fan and not want to watch the new show?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Bass X0, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Even if you hate the animation style, surely you owe it to yourself to watch it simply because its Transformers.

Feel free to criticise it afterwards but there's nothing more annoying than trolls who haven't watched the show criticising it based on ten seconds of clip that they accidentally watched and some advertisement posters.

2. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Just think of it this way, you love pizza but you don't love every kind of pizza. You may scarf down a pepperoni pizza but puke on an anchovi pizza. It's pretty simple actually. Just cuz you love Transformers doesn't mean you're gonna love every flavor. I love G1 through the new 2007 movie but I think Animated is a sick twisted abomination.

Plus a severe hatred towards Cartoon Network doesn't help one single bit. Cartoon Network made watching Cybertron a living hell, I was trying to record all the episodes & they would change the times without notice, put it on before dawn & in one episode they stuck in one of those emergency service tests. And all their shows look like they hire chimps to draw instead of humans.

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do think people should give it a chance, at least watch a few episodes, rather than just saying "it looks weird, it sucks", but you know, whatever. Some people are gonna bitch whenever something is different no matter what.

I just wish people were more open minded, in general. Some of my favorite movies and music these days are things I would have turned my nose up at years ago when I was a bitchy teenager. Sometimes it's best to just give things a fair chance. You never know!

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I am a "fan" but don't like Beast Wars.

Am I not a fan?

I am confused :( 

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Well people did it to the movie too, and well even though I didn't think the movie was spectatular alot of people did. I still loved the robot parts though :3 But everyone isn't going to love everything and this thread is only going to start alot of fighting. Hopefully not, but it's a forum :p 

6. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Ditto. I didnt like Cybertron or Energon either. The animated show just looks like too much of a deviation from what we are used to/want as fans, this same thing was said about the movie by people, but i always loved its designs from day one. The same cant be said about animated. At least it is for me.

7. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I think I'm doing pretty good. I love G1 through the new movie. That includes EVERYTHING to this point. But Animated is where I draw the line. I simply cannot support that show under any circumstances. I hate everything about it. I'm not one of those fans that go crazy over anything they put the Transformers logo on. Like I used to always say about Star Wars, they can put the Star Wars logo on bags of dog shit & market it as Bantha Poodoo & the fans will LOVE IT! I'm not one of those fans.

And I cannot support anything Cartoon Network does. I want them to go out of business more than you can imagine. Cartoon Network puts out the worst looking art (if you can call it that) I've ever seen.

8. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    How can some one be a fan an not collect TF's ?

Isn't that a bit of the same ? it doesn't nessecarily need to be connected.

I'm not going to watch animated simply because it doesn't appeal to me... I'd rather watch Ben 10.

9. FatMick Prime

FatMick Prime Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

News Credits:
    I agree with both sides of the argument, if that's possible.

I love TF, would definately consider myself a TF fan, but have little to no interest in Armada/Energon/Cybertron. This doesn't make me any less of a fan. To me, the new Animated stuff looks great - sure, they've all got stupid long chins, but that's just the current style of animation.

On the other side, so many people are blasting Animated when all we've seen is a few promo images and a few minutes footage. Sure, the style is a radical change for TF design, but give it a try before you knock it. Back to the pizza analogy, how would you know that the anchovy pizza makes you puke until you've tasted it?

10. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I am a fan, and am not going to watch it. I can't stand the animation style, and with the poor recent history of voice acting of Transformers, I think it would be unwatchable for me.

That being said I want this show to be a success, even if I don't like it. If it is a success there is a greater chance of having something produced that I will like.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All he's saying is he wants people to give stuff a chance before bashing really, ie watching a show before just assuming it's horrible, at least that's how I read it, and I agree with that.

12. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    The smell :D 

13. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I have tasted it! I've watched all the clips so far. I've heard the godawful voices of Starscream & Bumblebee. I've seen Optimus & his goofy blue Smurf face. I've seen the chins from hell. I've said "Oh you gotta be *&%^$ kidding me!!!" quite a few times. I know my taste well enough to form an accurate opinion. I don't need to sit through a whole episode to know that I don't like it. If I take a bite of something that I don't like, I don't need to gag the whole plate down just to be sure.

I'm done talking about Animated now. Everybody knows I don't like it, no reason to :horse:  I'm just gonna fade out now & wait for Classics 2.0 & the movie sequel.

(Hey look! That smiley is beating the horse in the nuts! lol)

14. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Some people just like how things were done back in the day I guess. Sort of like elderly people complaining how young ones these days do things a different and inferior way. Or just pure personal preference, which everyone is entitled to.

I really didn't like the Animated designs, but after giving the 3-minute clip a chance am thrilled with anticipation (though it's unlikely people on this side of Earth will get to watch it anytime soon). There's still a possibility that I might not like how the cartoon goes once the full thing airs, but I'm willing to give it a fair chance now.

On another note, I loved G1 back when I was a kid, but I can't really watch it now without cringing. Does that immediately disqualify me as a fan? :lol 

15. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    A fan is a fan, regardless of which parts of the franchise he/she enjoys or rejects. Saying one has to accept anything with the brand on it regardless of content is small-minded at best and flamebait at worst.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    as a fan, ill like what i want and ill watch what i want.

please dont tell me what to do. hang on, scratch 'please'.

disclaimer: this post is rhetoric. dont flatter yourself by replying.

17. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Replace "Animated" with "Kiss Players" and see how you would answer your own question.

Keep in mind, I'm looking forward to Animated. I just think your thread is poorly thought out.

Play nice, Nevermore. - TFW2005 Admins

18. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

dont like beast wars...nope defanetly not a fan! then agian i am a lil biased...:tongue: 

19. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Removed. - TFW2005 Admins

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Snip snip snip. - TFW2005 Admins