Customs: How can I make Movie 1 Arcee more feminine? Also, hole in Blackarachnia's neck.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by BioBlade, Oct 18, 2009.

1. BioBlade

BioBlade Well-Known Member

I've started shooting photo-comics of my toys as a hobby, but sadly Arcee, one of my favorite subjects, is so kibbly that it makes her a bit hard to work with. I'm willing to buy a second one and strip her of her alt mode to make her more photogenic......basically I would like to know how I'd do that without damaging her (other than, you know, removing the kibble).

As a bonus question, you can see RIGHT through that hole in Animated Blackarachnia's neck, and shooting from an angle to hide it restricts me something awful. Anyone know a good way to fill up the gap without restricting her neck posability at all? For instance, is there a type of putty I could get to fill it that wouldn't stand out, wouldn't dry out and harden, and wouldn't damage her paint job or plastic?

2. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hrmm, you could probably manage to find some generic silly putty at walmart or at the dollar tree that would work. Then its just a matter of mixing food coloring in it to match the color tone. Its also fairly easy to remove once your done.

3. BioBlade

You can color silly putty!? O_O

4. BioBlade

Bumping this, as I still haven't really gotten an answer. I'm worried that food colored silly-putty with rub off on Blackarachnia's paint, so I'd like to hear more before I try that. I also would still like advice on how to alter Arcee. Should I just take an exacto-knife to the bits I don't want? Will I need any other tools?

5. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    If you are worried about ruining BA,then you can always use a Playdoh that is close to her color,that shouldn't hurt it.

Get you a dremel to cut off the unwanted pieces on Arcee.

6. BioBlade

Aren't dremels pretty expensive though?

7. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    You can pick up a rechargeable one for $20,Black and Decker has a rotary tool aka a Dremel,for $25.

In other words,you can get them for pretty cheap.I also believe that Harbor Freight has a rotary tool for about $15.

8. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    You can pick up a rechargeable one for $20,Black and Decker has a rotary tool aka a Dremel,for $25.

In other words,you can get them for pretty cheap.I also believe that Harbor Freight has a rotary tool for about $15.

9. BioBlade

Don't believe we have those stores near here, but it sounds like a price I'd go for. What would be the more likely place to have a good cheap one; Michael's craft store or Home Depot?

10. BioBlade

Got the tools, finished the mods, and made a couple extra ones to fix her up and increase her posablity. Anyone think I should post it up?