Customs: How can I get the tint off of Alt Skids?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Alucard77, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I know this a 2006 question, but what is the easiest way to get the tint off of Alt. Skids windows?

I took off the flames with a little elbow grease and alchol wipes you use to clean before you do a shot. Worked well. But wasn't sure the same would work on the windows.

Will it? If not, what is recommended?

Thanks for the help. I am trying to make a more G1ish looking skids. I keep going back and forth on removing the tint, since G1 Skids technically had black tinted windows.

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I was in the same boat. Got the flames off pretty easily, but when it came to the tint, I couldn't get anything to work well. I was using 90% alcohol and it didnt have any effect. I was afraid of using anything stronger since I didn't want it to haze the plastic.
    I ended up just keeping the tint since it really didin't take that much away from the overall look once I had the reprolabel stickers on there.

Randy!

3. aurascope

aurascope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    are you sure its a layer of clear paint or is the plastic molded in that colour?

4. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

It has to be painted. it's a gradient tint, and i'm not aware of that being possible (repeatedly) with injection molding. It's probably more bonded to the clear plastic than the body since they are different.

R!

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits: