how bloody rude...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Aug 19, 2008.

1. phantomfharlock

phantomfharlock Well-Known Member

the customer is NOT always right.

Yeah i need to side with the seller her gang- The Customer is NOT always right in this case.

i recently sold a 08 bumblebee to a guy in Italy- he asked me to remove the figure from the package to save on shipping- he later filed with paypal as item not as described.

Why? the auction was for a carded Bumblebee- not a loose one. Never heard back from the buyer? but he's enjoying the refund- AND the item. With ebay and paypal so in bed together- its hard to see where one ends and the other begins.

As is i think most the buyers on ebay are on crack? but they're backed up by an ebay that paints the seller as a crook. Buyers and sellers arent adversaries anywhere else but there.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

There's no problem with either behaviour you describe. The problem is when the potential buyer takes that "no" and starts bitching about it to the internet.

3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    EBay OWNS PayPal, they have since about a year after PayPal went on the stock market (and the bastards only paid us stockholders $17 a share. Grrr.). So they're not really all cozy up 'in bed together'. More like eBay added an arm.

And eBay doesn't seem to see the reason why they're slipping so badly, that alienating the sellers who are also buyers is a really bad business decision...really sad.

--Moony

4. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats true i stoped selling on there and now only bid when i can't find it at any othere site

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    see, that i do understand...and this whole thread has gone on a different path then it should have...it was originally started because the guy told me not to open it, that my opening a toy would "damage" it...that was my whole deal with this dude being rude...

6. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I think that cliche is not exactly true, just like "customer is always right" is not 100%.

Besides ebay/paypal rules/fees and flaking bidders, I am also very put-off by some of the inane questions potential ebay bidders ask.

I post auctions stating "no international bidders" and I get 5 people asking if I accept international bidders, I tell them no, but 1 guy will continue to argue with me!

I post auctions that do not include a buy it now price and rules that state "I do not end auctions early" and I get questions like "How much do want to make a quick sale?" Those questions really don't need to be asked.

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    well, everything worked out in the end, found someone here on the boards, who probably hasnt seen this thread, who asked if he could ship me a whirl loose, to keep shipping costs down...so im pretty happy...still bummed this other dude is al MISB happy, even when he's selling...

but whatever, i got whirl coming, i'm stoked...he's gonna look awesome with roadbuster when he comes out...

8. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Id rather buy from people on the boards then from some of the idiots on ebay

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    oh dude, i almost always buy on the boards, but i hadnt got responses, so i checked ebay, then started getting responses here...i love the boards...