how bloody rude...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, i recently decided i wanted to try my hand at finding a universe whirl again...checked ebay, found one that's MISB...5 buck bid, 10 buck shipping (from TX to NM)...since i open all my toys, i emailed the seller, and asked if he would be willing to open the toy, and ship it loose (ie, smaller and cheaper) and also asked about possible bubble tape or packing peanuts, as ten bucks seems high to me... his reply was

how bloody rude is that to tell me not to open something i want to buy? and that by doing so i am damaging it? WTF...its not like this is a 9.5 AFA g1 optimus prime, or even some other majorly awesome figure that is hard to find MISB...its a bloody universe repaint...i havent responded back...think i'm just gonna say that he lost a sale with his attitude...i just really couldnt believe it...

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, that's pretty obnoxious. I open every toy I buy (unless it's a duplicate), so I'm a little biased towards a non-MISB attitude. But even if I weren't, geez, when you buy something it's your right to do with it as you please.

And it's not like you're planning to buy it and then set it on fire or something (in which case his admonishment might be a little more understandable, though still inappropriate). You're just planning on opening the thing and enjoying it as it was meant to be enjoyed. Sheesh. I'm with you, I would tell that guy thanks but no thanks. It's the principle.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    if you get it, rip that fucker open and send him photos of you doing so.

4. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    What the hell does he care? It will not be his property soon. If you buy it and want to open it, run over it with your car, set fire to it, etc... that is your choice.

5. Lumpy

News Credits:
    see...that's what i'm saying...i think i'm still gonna pass cuz the shipping seems high and there are more on ebay for cheaper right now, so i'm gonna try my luck at one of them...just really annoyed with this dude...

6. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i think you're better off headin to target or something, if it's universe, they should be in stock. or you might also wanna try in the wanted threads because there's some really cool people willing to pick it up for you at cost and actual shipping prices to fight the oppression from scaplers and what not and i'm sure they'll fulfill you're request of sending it open.

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    this figure is from universe, part 1...long gone from retail...i do have a wanted thread for him that i just bumped...i love buying from people on the boards...

8. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lmao!

9. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

I don't think you're quite getting the guys meaning. English may not be his primary language, but obviously he's not good with typing out coherent sentences.

I think what he is trying to convey is that it is still new in box and as such it is not damaged in any way. And it will not be accidently damaged if he tries to open it and ship it loose.

Thinking an ebay seller is some kind of MISB religious zealot that doesn't want ppl to open the stuff he sells is pretty far fetched.

10. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've had something similar with Star Wars figures - asked a guy if he'd rip them open and ship 'em loose. He seemed shocked - as if modern Star Wars will ever actually be worth anymore than retail!

11. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    wat a jerk...unless as mentioned above, we're all misunderstanding his poor english

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Perhaps he's concerned that you might drop out of the sale at the last second or something and then he's left with an opened figure now worth less than when it was MISB.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll agree with this.

See, even with his obviously poor English I don't take that away from what he wrote. I take it to mean that he's shocked that the guy would want to open it. And that doesn't really surprise me because I've dealt with people like that before... both as a seller and a buyer. It's a rarity mind you, but I've seen it a couple of times.

Like, one time, I was buying a MISB Armada Prime (my originals function died long ago) so, since it's a rather large box, I asked the seller to open it and ship it loose if he would (transaction was already made and I was just left to pay him... couldn't back out of the sale at that point without repercussions) and he went all nutter. He kept saying stuff like '...but it's mint...' and the like and 'don't you want to hold onto it to make more money from it?'. Yeah, that's the way some of these guys think...

Which is? What $2? :D 

14. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I think you're misunderstanding him, as has been posted above.

I also think it's pretty cheeky on your part to ask him to open it before shipping. Open it yourself when you get it. It's your being persnickety that caused the whole conversation to begin with.

15. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    It doesnt sound rude, he was just giving advice from the view point of someone who leaves items MISB. Rude would be the guy who told me I was a liar and crappy customer when I told him my ebay item had not arrived.

16. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    well, the buyer had every right to ask it to be opened..he's paying shipping, obviously he wouldnt want to pay for a bunch of cardboard and plastic that he's gonna chuck the minute he opens the package...but its not really any of the sellers business whether the figure should be kept MISB as long as the buyer is paying for it...

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    see, if that's the case, he should wait until i've won the auction, and PAID before opening it...

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't say I agree with that. I mean, I've had tones of people ask me to open MIB stuff before I send it to them so it can be sent cheaper and so on. I've also done the same plenty of times to others and never had an issue. Since I started doing buisness on eBay I've encountered it quit a bit. Most of the time it's no big deal (I personally, as a seller, don't give two rats arses if the buyer wants me to ship the item loose to keep shipping costs low... as long as the item is bought and paid for at the agreed purchase price), but sometimes on one or two rare occasions you'll get a seller who'll go nutter about it.

19. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    and thats exactly how sellers shoudl be

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just look for an opened, cheaper one and let this guy find a MISB customer. No big deal.