How Big Will the Cast Get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Deceptijohn, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    So my fears about cast size are starting to go away with the recent info out on Wheeljack and Skyquake. Add to that the already ordered second season and I am starting to get jazzed that we might be able to get the cast up to G1 levels of epic awesomeness over time. My dream would be for the fight to move to more planets than just earth with several groups slugging it out in exotic locales culminating in an epic war for the fate of the universe. The people making this show have already shown they have no problem with high stakes and real consequences so what do you think? How big will the cast(and the war) get?

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDK but I recall something being said about characters being introduced on episodic basis, so I think that it'll grow quite a bit.

Just don't expect all of 'em to be major characters that get more than one episode.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDK but I recall something being said about characters being introduced on episodic basis, so I think that it'll grow quite a bit.

Just don't expect all of 'em to be major characters that get more than one episode.

4. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    Once the models are made it makes financial sense to reuse them. Not every new character will get the Cliffjumper treatment surely? So I don't mind if they come and go from the story as long as we get a few large-scale engagements now and then(and at the end surely).

5. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In both the autobots and the decepticons 9 maybe 10 on each side

6. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    Hmmm I'm hoping for more than that for sure! A single combiner team on either side will eat up half that number. And my dreams of Dinobots would be crushed as well. :( 

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was one of the ones who voiced my fear over a small cast size.

The current lineup for the "main cast" on each side is Optimus, Bumblebee, Arcee, Bulkhead and Ratchet; Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Breakdown and Knockout. With five on each side, I expect maybe soon we'll have a regular cast size of seven like the first season of Beast Wars - but with a host of developed recurring characters like Animated. You know, like in Animated they had the High Council, Rodimus' team, the Dinobots, the Elite Guard, the Starscream clones, the Constructicons, etc etc etc.

8. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    ^^

The main cast may grow a little bit (maybe wheeljack will stay as a main cast character?), and there will be recurring, well developed characters who aren't in the main cast, like animated lockdown or the dinobots. I doubt the main cast will grow to g1 proportions, as it has become obvious that character development has been a key idea in recent tf years.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's gonna get bigger over due time.

I mean Wheeljack, Skyquake, Breakdown and Knockout are comming soon.

10. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they'll pull an Animated and have the characters not shown in the 5-parter be reoccuring/guest stars.

...preeety sure...

jD001

11. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    yeah but don't expect the autobots ranks to climb to G1 levels...not with the way the series started with the autobots being on the "ropes so to speak"

it seems they put a feeling of fright, dread and doom in the air about the autobots getting it handed to them...the way the show opened anyway IMO

12. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe that the main cast will grow to nine maybe ten but no more then ten on both sides. And if it does go over ten I can only see it resulting in a death for both sides. Do I want this no I want this series to be an all out war . Money will play a big part in the cast growing.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I have a feeling that the cast will grow slowly over time.

14. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Big....hopefully.

15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think it's more fair to cast and fans to keep the series cast relatively small..no more than a dozen total (give them more time for character development)...but have bots and cons show up for an episode or two..then blaze off into space or parts unknown and return from time to time.

16. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

The cast as a whole will probably be huge, but Team Prime and Megatron's Decepticons probably won't get bigger than 10 each. I would love for the decepticons to grow though, I hate drones!

17. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

I want as many as possible. YEA FOR WAR

18. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think the cast should grow slowly, as one fella said before: In this series, we already started with the Autobots [and to a lesser extent, the Decepticons] coming out from one hell of a fight three years ago.

I like this idea: They are coming out from the dust of a war, with few survivors on each side [Decepticons: Starscream and Soundwave, Autobots: Ratchet, Arcee, Cliffjumper, Optimus, Bulkhead and Bumblebee, and Cliffjumper got killed pretty quickly] they should rebuilt themselves slowly, when both sides get strong enough, a new full-fledged war should emerge.

But for now, we will only have both sides trying to return to Prime [ironically, seeing the name of the series].

19. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

As far as I'm concerned, the bigger the cast, the better. As much as I love Transformers, I've always found alot of the characters to be very much hit and miss, so greater variety appeals to me - no use having character development if a fair portion of your audience doesn't like said characters. Thats the reason I just couldn't be bothered to watch more than one episode, its just the same old same old bland protagonists over and over again.

20. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I think there's a good chance that new characters will be introduced over several episodes, though they may not become permanent members of the main cast. They may appear just once for an episode (which I wouldn't be surprised to be the case for Skyquake in the upcoming ep. next Fri.) or perhaps they may have recurring appearances and supportive roles from time to time.

A possible idea for a season finale that could bring in several new characters at once would be to have Megatron and Optimus gather armies to themselves. If Megatron finally succeeds in returning to Earth with a new fleet of Decepticons, Optimus could send out an open call to any Autobots for help. Several new Autobots could answer Prime's call.