How big is Scorponok suppose to be?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DaggersRage, Jun 12, 2007.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, I saw a tv advertisement of the TF Movie and saw this part with 3 army dudes in a desert. One of the army guys is like "You hear that?" then suddenly screams and opens fire on Scorponok. Scorponok disappears as quickly as he appeared (it was smooth and impressive).

It looked like Scorponok was actually shorter than the humans in scorpion mode, he was about the size of a car, maybe a little smaller. Then I look at the look at the shot of Scorponok charging out of the dirt, chasing the 3 army guys who flee in terror, he looks larger in that?

Am I just getting things mixed up or... I dunno, movie blooper?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    From what I know, he's about the size of a small SUV. In the scene where he looks smaller, it's probably because he's moving extremely fasdt, and not all of him is above the sand for more than a split second.

3. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Funky focus camerawork. Alfred Hitchcock was famous (among other things) for his use of zoom and camera movement to distort the depth of field of shots.

In this case, it's all digital, of course. Same general idea though.

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Scorponok is one of the smaller cons, smaller then Jazz I believe, so about the size of a car. But his large pincer drills and long tail make up much of his length and size.

5. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

Also, note the size of the (little) guy relative to the disappointingly small Blackout. He's little, alright. And good call on the Hitchcock reference--that one shot definitely looks like a telephoto shot. "The effect of using a long lens is to compress the apparent depth of an image, so that elements that are relatively close or far away from the camera seem to lie at approximately the same distance."

src: http://classes.yale.edu/film-analysis/htmfiles/cinematography.htm