How badass is Prime now? An examination of the Forest fight **SPOILERS!!!!*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Malikon, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

I really, really enjoy martial arts and boxing. So out of curiousity I wondered exactly how well Prime did in this fight and wanted to analyze it blow by blow. Now some parts were very chaotic and hard to see, but I think I've got the vast majority of the fight. I'm tempted to say I've documented every single hit, but I always could have missed one or two. Also it was hard because they'd be in one fighting stance, then the camera goes to Sam or approaching Autobots, and when we see the fight again positions have changed.

So for your enjoyment and hopefully pleasure I present to you a detailed play by play of Primes epic battle in the forest.
    _______________________________________________-

Forest Battle.Play by Play

Prime in truck mode pursued by Megatron down a dirt road.
    Megs in tank mode fires and hits Optimus in his drivers side door, causing Prime to TF to Bot mode.
    While Prime is mid TF'ing, Megs TF's faster and hits Prime with a flying tackle.
    They roll end over end for 2 full revolutions.
    They come to their feet and Prime lands a full swing, right arm haymaker to Megs face.
    Megs steps back from the hit and Prime jumps into the air, raising his right arm in what looks to be preperation for a crushing elbow drop to Megs head.
    Before Prime can land the elbow Megs tackles his midsection and drives him down to the ground.
    Next we see Prime lifting a large tree off of/out of the ground and smashes it across Megs back.
    Megs swings a right and misses.
    Prime punches Megs in the small of his back.
    Megs swings a right arm spinning back hand, which Prime ducks.
    Rising from a crouch Prime lands another powerful right hand sending Megs flying back.
    Prime extends swords and stabs Meg through the back of his left shoulder, then backhands him across the face, reaches behind Megs head, grabs him then flips him forward.
    Blackout/Grinder arrives and transforms.
    Starscream arrives and transforms.
    Megatron pursuing Sam gets tackled by Prime and bodily slammed onto his head.
    Megs rises and attempts a back kick into Prime.
    Prime catches Megs leg with his left arm then elbows it in the upper leg with his right arm, Megs goes down on one knee and receives a knee from Prime into his chest.
    Starscream comes in from behind Prime, but Prime turns, catches him in a clothesline and puts him in a reverse headlock (face up),and proceeds to twirl him in a reverse giant swing (by the head rather than feet) to occupy Megs and Blackout, (while doing this he manages a sidekick to Megatron) picks SScream up for a suplex (head towards the ground,) while Prime is holding SScream upside down Prime delivers a brutal kick to SScreams face, sending him flying and appears to have broken SScreams jaw.
    Megs is next seen holding Prime above his head and slams Prime head down into the ground.
    Prime stands and Megs delivers a crushing roundhouse leg kick (right leg) into Primes face, shattering his face guard.
    Prime stands up and is shot by Starscream.
    While reeling from the shot Megs manages to connect with a backfist, possibly an elbow, then immediately fires his fusion cannon into Primes chest, sending him flying and crashing hard into the ground then Prime spits out a piece of mouthguard/teeth?
    Prime gets up brandishing both swords and starts a spin.
    it's very difficult to tell what happens here, but it looks like Primes surrounded by the 3 'Cons, but by spinning with his swords he manages to keep them at bay.
    One slash to Blackout/Grindors face.
    While spinning cuts off Blackout/Grindors rotors hanging down his back, then grabs Blackouts/Grindors left arm and cuts it off, sending it literally flying due to it's tail rotor piece spinning. The flying rotor/arm clips Megatrons gun arm interupting his advance and making him turn away from Optimus.
    Optimus slashes SS across his chest.
    Optimus spinning gets 2 slashes into Blackout/Grindor, then grabs SScreams left arm, slashes again at Blackout/Grindor and rolls across SScreams back.
    Stabs SScream while SS is down, then circles SS's body while the sword is still embedded.
    Pushes Megs down and stabs him in the shoulder, raises him up, then follows with a right cross to the face and a left hook to the face.
    Grabs SS's right arm, cuts it off, then smashes SS across the face with his own dismembered limb from one direction, then backhands him with his cut off arm from the other direction.
    Optimus's swords have now become large orange hooks.
    He reaches up and hooks Grindor and swings himself up onto Grindors back.
    He Stabs his right hook/blade into Grindors left eye, then reaches his left arm around and hooks the hook/blade into Grindors lower jaw.
    Then completely and totally twists/tears Grinders face off in a shower of glowing orange and metal shrapnel.
    Prime jumps up then lands again on Grindor, quickly climbs down him, reaches up grabbing Grindors and slams his body down onto the ground.
    Backing away from Grindors corpse Megatron comes up behind Prime and stabs him with his gun arm through the back with his gun/blade exiting far out of Primes chest.
    Megs finishes this up with a point blank blast from his fusion cannon through Primes back, exiting Primes chest in a bright orange explosion.
    Megs yanks his arm out of Primes back.
    Prime crumbles to the ground.

WINNER: MEGATRON

My opinion on it is that Megs may have won the battle, but only through a cowardly sneak attack from behind. Optimus owned this fight and his skills were highly impressive using moves borrowed from Muay Thai, Western Boxing, Judo and Wrestling. Not to mention his skills with the swords. I loved every minute of it.

hope you guys/gals enjoyed the play by play.

Prime gets SS into a reverse headlock (face up) and proceeds to twirl him in a reverse giant swing (by the head rather than feet) to occupy Megs and Blackout. Then, he lifts him up for a suplex, but instead tosses him away and kicks him in the face.

2. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Bad to the mother fukn ass!

3. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

Think he ripped SS' arm.

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I can't wait for the dvd so I watch in slow-mo. Great fight.

5. Autobot_Zak

Autobot_Zak Well-Known Member

Oh man, reading all that makes me wanna go watch it again!! I always love that part!! Its awesome!!

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the play by play, it only makes me wanna see the whole fight again.
    The whole thing was awesome beyond belief.

7. Malikon

Very glad you guys liked it, I feel like I have it memorized almost by this point. I really can't wait for the bluray so I can slo mo it and really make sure I got everything.

I absolutely LOVED watching Prime just letting go and totally dominating a 3 on 1 fight. It's epic!

This fight alone (for me) was worth the price of the movie tickets.

8. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    To play the flip side of the coin....how is an attack from behind cowardly?....considering that this is the same way prime dispatched the fallen...from behind....

It is a kick ass way to take out your enemy..... and that sword of megatron's sticking out prime's chest was awesome....I cheered....everyone around me was like "oh no..prime died".....

9. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

damn, prime is a swiss army knife! he has the guns, then the double blades, and then the twin hooks...i loved it before, but think if they were attached with a chain and he could make more long distance attacks.....

....hmmm...a possibility for tf3?

10. Malikon

sorry we'll have to agree to disagree. I think a sneak attack from behind isn't a, "kick ass way to take out your enemy."

Prime hooks with chains? Swinging them around and doing combos like Kratos in God of War.

Why yes,....yes...that would be awesome!

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime didn't even know Megatron was behind him until he got stabbed.

The Fallen knew exactly where Prime was when Prime punched through him, he was trying to get away from him after he peeled his face off.

12. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The forest scene was my favorite scene of the movie. Prime walked all over the Decepticons in the battle. It was good to finally see Prime kick some ass.

I do believe, though, that if it had been Prime vs. Megatron, Prime would have won. If Megatron hadn't been able to sneak up on him, the movie would have ended there.

Also, I don't believe what Megatron did was cowardly. He took the oppurtunity that was presented to him, and finished the mission.

13. Malikon

yeah I suppose "all's fair" when you're fighting for your life. But after watching Prime fight so well and honorably, it just seemed like kind of a cruddy move.

But hey, he's the Leader of the Decepticons. I should expect no less.

14. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

Yeah prime kicked ass in that scene......i love when megs yells DECEPTICONS when he starts losing to prime.

Grindor or BLACKOUT was MASSIVe the scene when prime has taken off his head and jumps off him and grabs his back on the way down the scale of him and prime makes blackout look around the same height as the fallen.

but simple fact blackout is sooooo big it also makes him very slow.
    did he even get one hit on prime? dont think so

at least SS shot prime a few times.

also prime was too busy worrying about where sam was and thats when megs stabbed him.

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

That would be awesome. It's be even more awesome if they can integrate it into the leader class toy along with his normal blades and gun.

16. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime more than held his own fighting 3 Decepticons, which is extremely impressive in my book. Prime is the man, er "Big Bot" of bad-assery. :)  Chuck Norris checks his garage for Prime before going to be at night. :D 

17. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    ^^^ I agree. It's a fight, anything goes. I wouldn't have been shocked if Prime himself did it to Megatron.

18. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

Hard to top this fight - that's the only negative!

19. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Was cool reading your detailed play by play of the forest fight Malikon! Makes me appreciate that fight even more! Maybe Prime studied some Earth martial arts since landing here.

Way i see it, Megatron was only able to get a clear shot at Prime from behind because Prime at that moment was more preoccupied with finding and worried for Sam (he was looking around frantically and calling out for him: "Sam! Sam, where are you?"). Again, Prime's concern for others is his Achilles' heel, it made him let his guard down for a crucial moment; it got him killed in the '86 movie, and it nearly killed him in ROTF.

20. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    wow, u actually wrote it all down, awesome :D  yeah, it was probably the best part of the movie.. the first one didnt have enough of this, and this scene was just incredible.. thanks for posting that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.