How bad is the scale?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Suchus Prime, May 18, 2011.

1. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

How bad exactly is the scale for dotm figures? Is it excusable? Or is it terribly off. I may just buy the figures regardless and display them in robot mode.

2. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    so far the sizes of the legion sizes and commander sizes in cyberverse looks ok.
    in mechtech, the deluxe sizes and voyager/leader sizes also look ok. Just avoid the leader Bumblebee.
    I have no idea how they are going to do Driller.
    I am praying for leader shockwave since there was no leader Fallen last time.
    I hope we see an Igor toy somewhere.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm fine with the scale. Then again scale has never been a bothersome issue for myself.

4. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

The scale's never going to be perfect, but I guess that's part of the reason why the figures are offered in so many different class sizes. I think they're just fine.

5. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

It's best not to think about scale with Transformers. It always ends badly.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
  7. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    As far as vehicle mode? The only one that's horribly out of scale is Deluxe Starscream. Stick with the Leader version if you have it.

Voyager Megatron's truck mode is small compared to the other voyagers, but It doesn't bother me that much. Deluxe Ratchet is a little on the small side as well, but again its not that big of an issue. The rest of the deluxes seem to be okay. Just be careful if you plan on displaying DotM figures with figures from previous movie lines - you may run into problems there.

8. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Now that's where my problem is.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No worse than before, maybe a little better, actually. The deluxe sized "trucks" work well with most of the Voyager rigs, and the deluxe cars work well with the Voyager trucks.

10. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    the scales are off on quite few..megatron is a beautiful mode but in tanker mode next to bumblebee deluxe or sentinal prime..it looks like a micro machine..and then crankcase another sweet figure but he needed to be a voyager all day long..he is smaller than any deluxe in suv mode.and in robot mode voyager optimus is a oompa loompa next to sentinel prime...we need the following

leader megatron and shockwave
    leader optimus with trailer...hopefully that ultra optimus will fill in nicely

11. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I'd say that the scale is way more noticeable in alt modes, in robot modes i don't really notice it. But then again, the alt modes have always been out of whack for movie toys. I mean, since when is a GMC pickup truck the same size as an F-15 Raptor?

12. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    This is why I didn't purchase a few of the DOTM toys. I don't like the idea of a DLX Starscream, because Screamer is normally the same size as Megatron. I also didn't like buying the DLX Ratchet, but I had to to get away from the bulky crap-tastic ones we received in the last 2 films, and it doesn't look like Hasbro has any intention in making a new mold for him.

13. 420bot

420bot ******

I love the eight new mechtech figures I got, that being said stay away from the new tiny deluxe Barricade(same size as skidz), I think everything but his hands and head sculpt suck as well.

Interestingly I think Barricades hands can be swapped with Crankcase's after you take out CC's tiny pins in the hands.

14. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    for tf3, they demoted starscream and ratchet to deluxe size. tf1 and tf2 had voyager starscream and voyager ratchet. The tf2 voyager starscream and tf1/tf2 voyager ratchet are being repainted and sold as target exclusives. I will probably get those since the tf1/tf2 voyager ratchet is being painted into the new tf3 colors so it will look nice. I already have lots of tf1 voyager ratchet mold :
    tf1 original
    tf1 metallic (was best buy exclusive in america).
    tf2 with a little bit of sandy color.