How Bad Do You Nerd Rage?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Poho, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad do you nerd rage? 10 being throwing controllers and screaming in a high pitched voice.

what sort of stuff do you do when you get pissed?

Personally, I think i'm a 7. i don't go off often, but i can get really nasty verbally, and start saying outlandish shit, while being snappy with fellow players. i've only thrown a controller twice, and that was a long time ago.

2. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    I used to throw NES controllers back in the day. But theses things had such sharp edges that I'd end up breaking whatever the controller landed on.

Nowadays, I rarely get mad playing games. Stuff is too expensive to throw around :lol 

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Hmm. I'm gonna go with 4. The only time I tend to get all pissy is when i'm playing FPS's and i'm getting raped, mostly down to other people being superior at the game but it turns into that very much one sided battle, where you die pretty much as soon as you've spawned.

Never launched a controller but was very tempted while playing Afro Samurai & attempting the boss with a flame thrower as it was fucking impossible to beat, and even though it took about 30 attacks to kill him, he could one shot you. Talk about the rage!

4. funstorm

funstorm Doer of nothing

im going to go with a 2.5, 3. i just get excited like "awww man i almost had you urgh bummer" a few insults now and then but mostly the b word a few f bombs but no biggie

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Used to probably be around a 7 or 8, have managed to widdle my way down to about a 3 or so.

6. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Either a 1 or 2. I just give the screen the finger and laugh (if it's something funny that I pulled off or the ususal "awww, WTF?!"). :lol 

7. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:

8. batcam11

batcam11 SHINIGAMI CHOP!!!

i guess im a 7 i scream at the screen about its not fair and then i will being not pleasant to my fellow gamers.

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hmm, Online I'd have to say quite low... 3? 4 maybe?

If I'm getting beaten I'll quietly stew, but I never really throw abuse at the other guy. I also don't disconnect, not in fighting games or even driving games.

If I'm coming in last, I'm still coming in.

I nerd rage more playing MS Hearts. In fact, I'll nerd rage more when playing solo. Usually against massively unfair boss encounters. Grr.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    8, very rarely.

DK can attest to this when we went through RE5.

Fucking bullshit Reapers.
    1-hit kill enemies are the worst invention in the history of gaming, moreso when they're incredibly fast and damn near impossible to injure.
    I get some kind of sadistic glee blowing them apart with the Rocket Launcher. Its a little disturbing.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Maximum of 6, I reckon. The most I do is snarl curses and slam my fist on the table, and only when I'm in a bad mood.

12. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    10. I've got an awful temper.

Games as recent as Virtua Fighter 5 and Devil May Cry 4 have had me violently throwing controllers. The former because of some of the nonsense the AI whips out in the more difficult arcades and the latter due to some of the blue orb fragment secret missions that involve not getting hit. I answer for my own lack of skill by trying as best I can to irreparably damage a fifty dollar peripheral. Immediately afterward of course, I feel like a tremendous fool because I just attempted to shatter a remarkable device that costs about as much as a game.

The worst case was from playing BLACK on the original Xbox. I was in what I believed to be the final area of the game, which consisted of being locked in a big warehouse of a kill box in which you have to survive the onslaught of some fifty to sixty enemies -- many of which with a cover and/or height advantage over you. A good half-hour into my fifth attempt, I felt I was reaching the home stretch of the encounter, I was down to very little health and no medkits were being dropped and survival required my taking refuge in the far corner of the warehouse and popping in and out of cover. All seemed well until the last wave of dudes rushed in brandishing RPGs. Shortly after their arrival, I was waxed in a most amazing fashion due to their overwhelming firepower.

...a few moments went by as my brain shut down most functions but the need to destroy something. I really, really wanted to just grab the Xbox and toss it out the window. But, I was able to refrain from making an absolutely awful decision and chose instead to just make a bad one; hitting eject on the console, grabbing the disc and whipping it across the room.

Frustration and its subsequent impulses are pretty amazing.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

About a 6.

I generally only shout and stomp when I have no headset attached and am winning. I'm also shirtless and wearing mirrored sunglasses.

14. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I smashed 1 keyboard in Mortal Kombat 3, because I smashed my fist into the keyboard when I was once again beaten by Liu Kang and I killed 2 PS2 pads in Mortal Kombat Deception when I threw them at the wall (guess those PS2 pads are weaker than PS1s, cos they all still work perfectly...).

I usually speak in a deeper and growling voice when I'm in rage, I feel like my body temperature is rising and I feel rage in every muscle and just want to destroy something.

Sometimes I just feel like this when I'm looking for something that cannot be found...

Oh and I kicked through the door of my cupboard...

I'd say I'm an 7. I only get in rage when I continously die more than ten times or kinda like that... and the game starts to be no more fun.

15. McBradders

7? You sound like a 12.

16. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    cool, I've won this thread :lol 

17. McBradders

I wouldn't call it a win :lol 

18. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:

I smoke all anger away.

19. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I don't game much, but I do nerd rage at work when shit isn't working the way it's suppose to. However its a mild rage, like a 3.

20. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I get pissed, probably around an eight but only when it's obvious the other side is using hacks or it's experts vs noobs and I get killed the instant I spawn. I don't understand why the hackers/experts even keep playing in those situations; is it really that fun to just sit there and spawn kill? Sounds boring and pretty much defeats the purpose of anyone actually playing.

Pix plz... preferably before I lose my hard on.