How awesome would it be for Transformers the Movie 1984 be Re-animated....?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by qwerty, Jul 20, 2009.

1. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

this would totally rock if it was re-animated using today's technology (Appleseed 2004, Appleseed Ex Machina, Vexille, etc etc) with top animating companies...

and if they did do it, they can get which robot died and didnt die, get that whole cyclonus/scourge issue out of the way, color correction be fixed etc etc

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

There's really nothing wrong with the 86 movie. The animation still kicks ass today.

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Whereas there are numerous problems with the plot. :D 

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

There was a similar discussion in TFGD here not too long ago... I don't think TFTM needs to be reanimated from scratch. I could get behind a little bit of animation cleanup, and maybe some extra in-betweening though. If someone tried to fix the continuity problems or other controversial issues, fans would just argue about whether or not the new version counts as canon over the original, etc.

5. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the animation in the '86 movie is better than half of the crap out today. It still rocks, plus it has a killer soundtrack! "You got the touch... You the POWWWWWWEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!"

6. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

The only improvement that I'd want to see is the Matrix resurrecting Optimus as Powermaster Optimus Prime (without HiQ) at the climax of the film, at which point OPTIMUS kicks Galvatron's ass and destroys Unicron.

Seriously, though, if anything should be re-written or re-animated, it should be "The Return of Optimus Prime." That story should've been grander in a lot of ways, animation included.

7. McBradders

Cookie for you.

8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I would like it to be reanimated from scratch. I think the weakest part of the original was Megatron invading the autobot shuttle -almost no sounds as he tears through a wall.

9. McBradders

That has nothing to do with the animation :/

10. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I see no problem with the animation either, Unicron has some fantastic detail in some shots. Also even though they are different every time, seeing Hot Rod Transform is outstanding and lets not forget Optimus Prime's truck to robot, blasting everything while in the air sequence.

I find modern animation very lacking and almost half hearted when you compare them to this. 1986 movie FTW! :D 

11. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The animation errors are the least of that movie's problems. If they're going to re-animate it, they need to fix some of the issues with the writing, as well.

12. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

The Optimus transforming whilst blasting everything in the air was awesome! Well reminded!

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ... I liked the movie's animation a lot. IMO as some one else pointed out animate the return of optimus prime to the same standard and maybe pad it out. Kinda like how they re edited Zeta Gundam a few years ago into a film with some new footage to help along the old remastered stuff.

14. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Velvet Glove's already done all the hard work for them by identifying the problems. One of my favorite essays about the '86 movie.

Transformers: The Movie- The Inevitable Attempting the Impossible

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I liked to see MTMTE reanimated and the plot cleaned up, but the 86 movie is fine the way it is.

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i think the animation in it is awful for the most part, not to mention that it's just a terrible movie in general (i still love it though). i'd like to see it redone with modern technology, and with an overhaul of the script.

17. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

meh no. wait two years for the 25 anniversery dvd release.

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I must admit I would like to see a few scenes redone just for the sake of curiosity, but really the animation was great to begin with and still holds up very well today now almost every animated movie is some bland CGI thing.
    When I first watched The Return of Optimus Prime I really thought it was heading to him becoming a Powermaster. First off the VHS box cover (in the UK at least) had the artwork of Powermaster Prime on it. Second we had that Swanson chick who had been injured and now needed machinery to walk and later wore an exo-suit. And thirdly the Quintesson that repaired Optimus and bought him back from the dead said something about him having a wonky engine.
    Must admit I was kinda disappointed when those things didn't lead to Powermaster Prime in the show. Would've also been an advance nod to the idea of Headmasters and Targetmasters when The Rebirth came along right after.

19. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently we still do not have the technology to release a transformers movie without plot issues.

Personally I would like it if somebody did like a directors cut and added some of those missing storyboard scenes we've seen before. I have always wanted to see that scene with Magnus carrying all the autobots and half of them get killed. Maybe a scene showing blaster and snarl getting hurt explaining why they disappear. I was sadly disappointed when they did the new comic adaptation and they didn't think to do anything like that

20. Metaldud

Metaldud Member

No it wouldn't be. Just because someone remakes something with upgraded effects and graphics doesn't necessarily make it better. Case in point, I fear what the remake of "Slapshot" will look like.
    The original will always be better than any remake dared to be concieved.