how are you going to display your DOTM toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grandizerGo, May 29, 2011.

1. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    just curious how you guys plan on displaying your toys..the scales are so far off and its frustrated me to the point of only picking up a few figs..i have massive movie one and ROTF displays and their scales seem to blend nicely..but the lack of any decepticon leaders has got me bothered.lol I grabbed leader sentinel and preordered the retool buster prime with jetpack which should look perfect with sentinel..but only voyagers for the most badass bad guy charcters from the new flick? I mean stand megs and shockwave in front of sentinel..c'mon man :wtf:  just looking for some ideas

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'm just going to display my DOTM toys with the rest of my Movie-verse figures, regardless of scale.

3. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

I'll place them all in an epic battle that judges my manliness.

Jk, But thanks for spoiling the movie for me in that last sentence you unfathomable dickhead. :p 

4. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    I just display the ones I've recently purchased and then put them into storage a week/month later usually.

5. OCProwl

OCProwl Electrobot

News Credits:
    Scale be damned I mix and match the movieverse figs.

That said, right now Shockwave is hanging out with WFC Megatron and Soundwave and aside from scale fits pretty well.

[​IMG]

6. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

On the second shelf of my computer stand.

The only two I intend to get is Voyager Megatron & Shockwave.

I've already found good poses for them. Thanks to fellow board members.

Megatron in back. Like this Megatron - Toy Gallery - Photo #158 or this megatron_17 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!. Thanks Seiberton & lushkwok/Lu_awaken.

Shockwave in front in a kneeling position. Similar to this http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5185/5579365131_f8b8fbbe5f.jpg. Thanks lushkwok/Lu_awaken.

RTS Lugnut is on the shelf above the aforementioned spot next to my monitor. He is currently kneeling in a sort of Iron Man like pose. Similar to this http://cdn.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/2/0/1/1/Reveal-The-Shield-Lugnut-06_1290907930.jpg. Except he is facing the opposite direction. Thanks GogDog.

At this point it is a waiting game until I can get enough spare cash set aside.

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have them on thier own shelf, but once DOTM ends, I'll just combine all my movie toys onto one shelf. Well, maybe two.

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought ones that fit in with my existing movieverse displays, mostly. Although Deluxe Crankcase and Ratchet are so good that they inspired a purchase of HftD Ironhide, so I'm essentially building in yet another scale now. :p 

I do eagerly await HA Soundwave and (hopefully) Leader Megatron.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    My collection is kind of weird. The main focus is on Classics, but I mix in concepts from other lines (like Cybertron's multiple planets theme), and thus allow myself to blend in a lot of other figures. Skyhammer and Sandstorm have joined my team of not-Wreckers, Shockwave's on my Decepticons-closest-to-Megatron shelf, Crankcase and Barricade are up with Straxus, Comettor hangs out with Universe Countdown, Megatron and Prime have gone on their leader display shelves...

10. MicromanSpyBoy

MicromanSpyBoy Banned

In my garbage can. Next to the Beast Wars figures.

11. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    Display my custom deluxe DOTM Screamer (gray "realistic" F-22 repaint) next to MP-M01 Screamer like a "mini-me", heh. DOTM Thundercracker will go right next to Generations Thundercracker. Not sure I'll pick up anything else DOTM related, though Shockwave is really tempting me (even if he doesn't fit in with anything else I have).

Oh, and Cyberverse Powerglide I did get just to mess around with and possibly mix in alt mode with my Academy 4D-puzzle/mini-model jet planes (since they're missing the A-10).

12. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I'll display them with all of my other movie toys. Scale be damned! I never cared much about scale anyway...

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Same here, although I keep all my Decepticons on the same shelf and organized by series. I think it's funny that my G1 Sixshot (who I have lumped with Classics) towers over The Fallen :lol 

14. PaulK80

PaulK80 Deceptibot

Ebay:
    Just have Sentinel, Megs, Shocky, & Powerglide so far so they just take the open space on the top right of my computer desk for now. Hopefully, later in the line, we get Leaders of some but if we do or don't, they will eventually work their way into the glass case I have the other 2 movies figures in. I'm not much for scale because there are plenty of other things that annoy the F out of me to worry about lol

15. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    That hurts.

16. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    If your trashcan's been full of toys since the 90s, you might wanna empty it sometime.

17. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I had the same problem! Ha!

I want Megatron to "lead" my Decepticons. But his movie figs are so aweful. I do actually like DOTM Megatruck, but he is quite small. Kind the same size as a deluxe w BFG... Definately as tall as Lockdown...

So I choose Takara Movie Masterpiece Starscream to lead my Cons!

He's big and expertly detailed. I have him w ROTF HA Baricade and DOTM Shockwave...

I hope Megatruck gets a Leader. He deserves one last good movie Leade figure...

I'm not putting SP over there... He fights the Bots, but he is clearly a misguided Autobot.

18. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Mixed among the rest of the movie stuff.

I've been trying to create a [reasonably] scale-accurate, "definitive" Autobot team, but it hasn't gone so well with finding the right Ratchet, and I still haven't bit on a Optimus yet. The HA's stuff is going to be it's own display.

The Decepticons I buy are probably going to be mostly HA, or able to mix in with my main collection.

19. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Until we see the full run of this line, there's going to be quite a lot of mixing and matching to be done. I display for the three separate movies, so right now, I have Battle Blades Prime on my DOTM shelf, to fit with Voyager Megatron, in addition to ROTF Voyager Starscream. ROTF Leader Prime and Starscream remain on my ROTF shelf. Hopefully, Jetwing Leader Prime (stateside) and Leader Megatron will be released for DOTM, in which case I can move Leader Screamer to my DOTM shelf. Also, when I get Leader Ironhide, he'll also be going onto my ROTF shelf until those scale requirements are met.

20. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Sell off my old movie stuff (I don't have too much of that) and just buy the figures that are in scale. I only care about autobot scale decepticon scale is wack so I just buy whoever is cool. Voyager Ironhide however will forever be in robot mode because no way am I putting that old inaccurate bot mode next too the other autobots