How Are Transformers Selling IN Your Neighborhood?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SMS55, Dec 20, 2009.

1. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Transformers weren't listed as the hot item of the season but I think it should have been. It is hard to find any in my neighborhood. I live in the 'burbs of Miami. Before Black Friday Wal Mart, Target, and Toys R Us were packed but there are only a few in each store. Even Devy has flown. As much as he has been ripped here he has flown off shelves. My local Wal Mart must have had over 75 in stock and their are none left. Toys R Us while not as many must have had several dozen and they've flown too. What about your neighborhood?

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seems to depend on the line and figure, to some extent, in my area:

- RotF - The Deluxes are flying off the shelves and supplies of them are getting low at the Targets and TRU I checked today. Scouts, Leaders and even Supreme Devastator seem to be selling at a decent rate everywhere as well. Human Alliance Skids is shelfwarming but BB and Sideswipe sold steadily. The early waves of Voyagers are shelfwarming, particularly Mixmaster, which has caused Long Haul to be virtually impossible to find.

- Animated - Voyagers aren't selling at all, even previously hard-to-find items like Shockwave and Skywarp are shelfwarming; one TRU near me has had 2 Wreckgars sitting around for months. The two new Deluxes seem to be selling alright, although Freeway Jazz is harder to find and ES Soundwave is shelfwarming at one Target.

- Exclusives - MP Skywarp, Insecticons, Perceptor and all three of the TRU RotF exclusives (Backroad, Nemesis, Metallikato) are shelfwarming. The Wal-Mart TFU repaints, Super Tuner set and Fearswoop set seem to be selling slowly. Most of my local Targets are sold out of their last batch of exclusives but 6 - 7 each of Leo Prime and Burning Fallen are shelfwarming at the one Target that still has them.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    ROTF: deluxes are selling well the $10.00 price point makes them highly attractive as Christmas gift for many of the low income families in my area, Voyagers and leaders not quite as well and supreme devy is shelf warming for the most part

Animated : very few to been seen in this area at this time so its hard to judge

Exclusives : K-mart's fairly well Wal-mart not sure as i have not see any other than the ROTF Skywarp and Ramjet repaints of the 1st moivie starscream mold

4. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

It's funny you mentioned this. Last night after work (Around 12:30AM), after watching how busy China-Mart was, I decided to go over and see if Voyager Bludgeon was in yet.

Of course, he was not in yet.

But I did notice that not a lot of toys of any kind had sold. In the TF section, there was some left over Animated and TONS of ROTF figures. It all looked pretty well stocked, and they were just then bringing out the toy cases to open and stock.

I haven't gotten a chance to check out Toys R Us or Target, but I hope they are selling better.

I thought the toy isle, especially TFs, would be picked clean. But nope.

5. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I live in the suburbs of Miami as well, so I pretty much agree with the OP. :D 

6. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went X-mas shopping with a friend last night at TRU and even at 8 pm on a Saturday night it was a warzone. People were standing in line to check prices because toys were strewn about. I happened to find a Dirge there, but to say that things were selling would be an understatement. Everything was flying. EVERYTHING I tell you.

Well except for the Reissues.

7. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Madness. Few left available, like bumble helmet stuff.

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

everything is selling well here but, there are shelfwarmers. Legions of Voyager Rachet and Demolisher exist here. The deluxe figures are selling out but, being restocked well. Sadly they are all the Swerve-ish wave. No Dirge for me...yet.

9. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    well, my walmart NEVER restocks, so not really selling right now. same old crap all the time

10. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TF's in general are selling realy well here in San Diego, CA.

ROTF: Stores are stocking the shelves constantly. Especially anything Prime and Bumblebee. Heck, supreme Devastator is selling.

TFA: They are sell, but selling slowly.

TFU 2.0 Exclusives: They are shelfwarming. I think these may backfire to us fans. Sure they end up going on clearance, which is good for collectors on a budget. But the retailers that are releasing these are eating the cost. This makes them retink on their thought on doing exclusives when presented the opportunity to having another one.

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm...

RotF: Also selling very well, particularly the deluxes. Devastator does seem to move a bit, though there always seems to be one or two on a shelf so I'm not sure if it's only selling at a decent rate or they fly off the shelves and stores are quicker to restock him. Voyagers sell alright, though Ratchet and Stratosphere are the closest to shelfwarming. I've still only seen the ice cream truck once in stores (and not at all since the holiday season started) and no Jetfires. Human Alliance sales seem to drag behind Voyagers to an extent. The RPMs don't seem to move very quickly though.

Animated: There only seems to be so much on the shelves so I'm not sure how to judge. It also changes from store to store. The only thing that is consistently on the shelves are the Activators. Of the few deluxes and Voyagers I see hanging around, Oil Slick, Blackarachnia, Wreck-Gar, Blitzwing and Voyager Bulkhead. A few figures I didn't see very often (or, in Skywarp's case, ever) have popped up every now and then.

Other: The Perceptor/Insecticon reissues seem to tread the shelfwarming line, though Perceptor sells better than the Insecticons. The Movie giftpacks (Hoist/Mixmaster, Legends sets, Gathering at Nemesis, etc.) barely move, same goes for the Robot Heroes sets. Even with the sales on the earlier Classics Voyager/Ultra waves, plenty of those can be found at Toys R Us.

12. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    ROTF: Just sittin' there.

Animated: Just sittin' there. Voyagers are gone though.

Exclusives: Meh.

13. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

They sell as well as any other toy where I live, and better than some others. Toys I think are shelfwarming are gone in a few weeks, and the new toys keep getting brought out. Whenever I go to TRU, there's some parent, some kid, or even more than one buying Transformers, usually Deluxes and Voyagers.

14. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    Everything is just sitting there...the area of Pennsylvania I live in is going through rough times right now. The unemployment range is around 9.0 per cent, and the jobs people do have certainly don't pay well.

15. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

In my area (China) official TF products don't move at all. They're too damn expensive.

KOs on the other hand are a flourishing business here. Animated KOs appear to do rather well here.

16. Squawktalk

Squawktalk Light cyclist

News Credits:
    So... story time

I went to my local walmart on monday. There was an entire display of universe data wars 2 packs. I didn't have my wallet. Crap. I left thinking i'd come back and they'd still have some. I went on thursday, ALL OF THEM were gone, the entire display was gone, i searched the store thinking that they had moved them, I found ONE. It was mixed in with the new display they put in. Whew. Btw i really like the clocker mold.

17. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Today at Target. ALL OF THE DEVASTATORS GONE. WTF?

18. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    As the case was 2 years ago during the '07 movie, Pretty much everything ROTF seems to be flying off the shelves (except for the rip-offs that are Supreme Devvy & Ultimate BB). & this is also seeing the remaining TF:A & Universe stock also disappear. Comparing this to all the shelfwarming that occurs when the movie hoopla has died down, It all (hopefully) means that Hasbro has noticed the interest in the TFs brand & will fill our toy aisles with plenty of stock for many years to come. :) 

19. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    At the beginning of last week it was a wall to wall transformers for the local Walmart I wqrk at. Revenge of the Fallen, Case after case of fast action battlers and deluxes. over sixty pegs.

Then on Thursday we got some weird stuff coming in. Animated bumper battlers ($5), universe voyagers blades, dropshot, heavy load, and blaster ($10), Animated Leaders megatron and ultra magnus ($20), roll out command optimus prime ($20), universe ultras silverbolt and stormcloud ($10)

I did buy all the stormclouds. Even though I already have had him for a year their practically paying me to take them out the door.

Transformers are selling well in my area, their not running out of stock, but they are moving.

Just two $99.99 devastators left, of the eight we had.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  20. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

transformers are selling like blow at an adult film industry convention. I doubt we'll see another time when transformers are this popular, at least for a long while. There are still shelfwarmers, but only the stuff that you would have expected. (fearswoop: awesome! None of the kids can resist an homage to a G2 jet that only SERIOUS fanboys remember!)