How are the big IDW Collections?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by daytimeninja, Feb 20, 2012.

1. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Am thinking of getting into the newer, non-marvel comics and have been looking at these on Amazon. Does anyone have any feedback on how these are put together, or an overall rating?

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    some things are out of order, but all in all i've been enjoying them

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love them. It's a nice way to catch up, stuff is kind of in order (as pointed out above, some things are still out of order anyways) and since I prefer buying hardcovers when available these look real nice.

The downside is no gallery of covers, bios or anything else that's included in earlier TPBs or the actual comics. Just the comics themselves with a cover image or two indicating when a new series is beginning or ending.

4. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Aside front he lack of cover galleries (what, can't squeeze 8 more pages in your $50 HC, IDW?) They are awesome.

They also help negate the slow pacing of some of the stories when you read them in big chunks like this.

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

The IDW collections are the way to go. They're not too hefty and they collect a lot of issues. I bought all of them to keep as reference and I bagged all my old IDW trades.