How are Hatchlings created/born?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, May 31, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any good theories out there?

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think the pods are created from some kind of Energon, then liquid metal is pumped into them. Something causes the metal to form into a robot, most likely nanotechnology.

3. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i would assume the same way humans are born, that is, if a Cybertronian birth is natural. would Cybertronian females have the same anatomical and physiological reactions and processes to reproduction as humans do, yes, i could buy that. Cybertronians are actual living organisms so that could probably be the case. to me, ever since the live-action movies, i have thought of Cybertronians as like humans and indeed ever since the originals, they are basically human archetypes. in their world, everything to scale so that while they maybe giant alien robots made of metal, computers, and armor plating to us Earthlings, to them being their sizes and shapes and various abilities is normal and ordinary for them, but not to us.

but i don't think the Cybertronian babies in the Nemesis on Saturn during that scene with Megatron, Starscream and the Fallen were natural births... at least i interpreted that scene as artificial, laboratory births and Starscream being a scientist oversees the process of those artificial births of the Hatchlings.

4. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found this on Transformers Wiki - TFWiki.net:

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

When a father and mother Transformers love each other....
    Jetfire said he has mother issues while he is proud of his father, who was a wheel the the first wheel!

Anyway considering Grindor, the Bonecrusher clone and the Constructicons it wouldn't be suprising if the Decepticons went in the trouble of cloning.

The problem is Energon. Sparks appear to be a spheres of Energon. All tansformers emit Energon radiation. What differentiates a Cybertronian from a Allspark mutation is that Cybertronians have sparks.

Hence the hatchlings on the Nemesis are dying of the lack of Energon.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    The Fallen is a clue.

7. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Crap I was gonna say that!

It's an interesting subject, though somewhat creepy. Maybe they just spring up. Maybe they are built, and life comes in to them through some source.

8. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I agree with Kaymac - some kinda nanotechnology (we're talkin microscopic techno-cells). It would sorta explain how they can scan/rescan vehicles, and possibly to how Megatron was rebuilt without looking like some kid just made something with random Lego pieces. And with Frenzy, there were probably some pieces of metal and/or power tools around him and the Allspark was able to fuse them to Frenzy to make his body, and his own systems transformed it into a proper form.

Despite how organic the Cybertronians seem to be, a lot of people forget that these guys are still machines. Like with the whole "brother" thing going on. The Primes (including The Fallen) are like comparing 1964 (Primes) and 2010 (Optimus) Mustangs - they're the same model and make, just different eras.

9. RedWolf

Don't forget Wheelie humping Mikaela's leg.

Though with Alice and the Arcee triplets dead (according to Orci and Kurtzman) I think the species is doomed as they may be the last females.

Though I don't think transformers go through pregnancy. If we use humans shoot DNA at each other as an analogy likely Transformers natural process of creating life involves a mixture their Energon fluids creating life.

10. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

sorry but the hatchlings thing is stupid, mostly because it isnt explained at all

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Megatron spills his seeds all over the place and later hatchlings are born out of the ugly mess :) 

12. RedWolf

Decepticons are building an army what about it that isn't explained? All they needed was the Allspark to supply the Energon. Without the Allspark the Sun Harvester is Plan B so they have to find where the Matrix is to activate it and absorb the sun's energy.

In this context the only means to manufacture Energon is thru two Mcguffins. The Allspark and the Matrix.

No Energon means Transformers will start to die as a race. Like the Panda they are a evolutionary dead end because of being picky of habitat, food and reproduction problems.

13. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    i don't know, but i really have some issues with the idea/concept that the Cybertronians are "built" as it raises a whole lot of questions. first, if they are built, then why not just build them into the same classes so that their amazing powers and abilities are already uniform and they would be equally strong and powerful and possess many abilities (for example, why not just build them, whoever built them, just have them all look like and have the same abilities and strengths as Omega Supreme, or Trypticon, or Metroplex? why need to build a Starscream, or a Bumblebee, which are significantly way weaker than the giants).

but, if you took on the route following human creation stories/myths, a "creator", a god created Cybertron, placed them on Cybertron, and set off the entire process of life on Cybertron... the Cybertronians can reproduce and are born and through an evolutionary process, become who would they become in the present and possess various personalities - shape-shifting, robotic living organisms. like humans, they would have DNA and that their genetic material would dictate and would account for their diversity and their various appearances, strengths, abilities, and powers. so, see, simple yet elegant, and is more or less science-based. it would explain why some of them are giants like Omega Supreme... it would explain why some of them can fly.... it would explain why some of them are able to combine.... it would explain why some of them have learning/speech disabilities (like the Dinobots).... it would explain why some of them are so small (like Wheelie).... it would explain why some of them would be Cybertronian equivalent of panthers like Ravage... simple, yet elegant and effective story-telling component imho and works within the sci-fi framework of the Transformers myth. but unlike humans, they would be made of machine, metal, computer, etc.... in a way, humans are robots too... biological robots. our brains are the computers, our eyes our optics, etc.... although the anatomy and physiology of the Cybertronians maybe different, they probably would have some things in common with humans.

14. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let me google that for you

but since the cybertronians are somewhat biological I wouldn't be surprised if they reproduce like us.

15. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    @Magneticus: I think no one thought so complex about that, when creating Transformers, because kids would never think so complex about it and just accept that it is, like being said. And if everyone was uniform, the cartoon and toyline would be boring.

16. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    Murasame,

agreed. this is why since the live-action movies, the potential is there to tell a great sci-fi/fantasy/adventure story with Transformers, using thematic elements from various creation stories, Greek mythologies, and Lord of the Rings, and other epics. the Transformers lore perfectly has the potential t o fit right in that class. it's actually something that bothered me, when people from other boards would start asking "why don't they just all transform into jetfighters," or "why don't they just transform into becoming like Devastator", why is this, why is that, which may at first get annoying... and it actually proves that although the Transformers myth has had a 25+ year history, it dawned on me that their creation/origin story hasn't really been ironed out into a more logical route. so i thought, hey, they do have DNA and that explains their diversity... it's not really that far-fetched as the concept of giant shape-shifting alien robots and works very well within a science-fiction framework... it is simple enough as a storytelling device, yet complex enough so that science-fiction buffs can suspend their disbelief and actually buy the concept of giant, shape-shifting robots from outer space. :D 

i'm actually starting to brainstorm my next fan-fiction detailing exactly this :D , but with a grander story, and would probably create the most ancient language of the Cybertronians, basing it on the fact that the Transformers are essentially living computers ;D. also trying to form a mental picture as i would also like to create some sort of a detailed map of Cybertron and then naming the various cities on that map :D  not having gotten anywhere yet, just a rough draft for now of my thoughts on paper, but an idea is really starting to take shape... :D 

17. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Sounds cool :) 

18. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt that they reproduce sexually. Jetfire is a senile old fool who can barely remember anything unless he tries to focus, and Wheelie most likely spend a little too much time on the internet.

The Energon thing is a safe bet, though. The Allspark was probably a near limitless Energon-source (only had to be refueled by feeding it stars), but we know that the movieformers have alternative means of getting Energon, though it's likely that it is quite hard to create the substenance and make it as potent as what comes from the Allspark.

The Hatchlings are no different from the the Allspark born, except that they were created in a controlled enviroment and kept dormant instead of being allowed to run amok. Allspark born lack Sparks and it's probably the same with the hatchlings, so they're given a constant supply of Energon so that they can mature their form and develop a Spark, similiar to how Allspark born would have grown with continuous exposure to the Allspark's Energon. Even a matured Cybertronian will still need Energon to survive though; otherwise they will detoriate like Jetfire did.

Note that this is just my own personal explanation, but it makes sense given what was said both in the movies and by the writers.

19. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

in the lmovies i believe that they can reproduce sexually, transformers are "organic" too, just look at the scene when Bee kils ravage there is green goo in his body which may contains DNA.

and i totally agree with Magneticus.

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The hatchlings are formed from a rare variation of matter-energy called MacGuffon.